Real baseball game for WII. SPring 2008!!!!!

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=152088

Read bottom of article!!

Met overtakes Yankee as MLB 2K8 cover athlete
by Blake Snow

2K Sports on Thursday named Jose Reyes of the Mets as the cover athlete for MLB 2K8, a position that was held by Yankee Derek Jeter for the last two years.
"This is the first time I have ever been on the cover of a video game and it is very exciting to be a part of the best video game out there," Reyes said of his newest endorsement deal.

Although the .317 career-hitting Yankee is the better player, we're guessing he can do without the added video game royalties. Jeter earned a salary of $21,600,000 in 2007, seven and half times more than Reyes's still luxurious take of $2,875,000.

Major League Baseball 2K8 will be available spring 2008 for Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, and Wii

lol nice..reyes is the man...i cant wait for this game..im having a blast with mlb power pros but this game is gonna be awesome, jeter is on too many covers already

Let's hope it turns out good. Always have been a fan of the 2K Baseball Series, so I don't have too many doubts. Also, Reyes is a great choice for the cover of the box, he has proved himself worthy over his time on the Mets.

If this game has Very good controls and online play and updated rosters and and you can update rosters every few weeks. This will be the best game...

i agree to that..i cant wait..but i think ill get it for 360 if it doesnt support wiimote controls for wii

I hope 2k does a good job. THE BIGS was ok. Controls werent terrible. They were actually good. I would like to see better graphics, better controls, some of the controls werent great. But i hope they dont go backwards, that would be terrible. I dont remeber what ign gave THE BIGS, i think high 7, around that. I wouldnt mind that again, or even higher. 2k should take there time. Im happy with the bigs. But it can be better and this game will hopefully have things the bigs didnt. Season mode, online play. If they have those 2 things, with good controls and graphics=SOLD... I would love to play as Joba!!!

Wiitime said:
Although the .317 career-hitting Yankee is the better player, we're guessing he can do without the added video game royalties. Jeter earned a salary of $21,600,000 in 2007, seven and half times more than Reyes's still luxurious take of $2,875,000.
Reyes is better, pay has nothing to do with it, Reyes is faster stronger just better. Sorry, good find though.

Woo!!! Reyes is on the cover!!! It's about time someone else other than Jeter (no offense to Yankee fans), & who better to be on the cover than the crosstown New York shortstop?? I love MLB 2k games, so I'll definitely buy this. Only problem I have is how they say Jeter is better, when Reyes is only 24 & hasn't even peeked yet...

who cares about baseball! hockey is where it is AT XD

YES !!!! I hope this game will be a good one. I LOVE Baseball games and just hope this game will packed with lots of stats, all kinds of modes and a lag-free online server. I really am looking forward to kicking everyone's arse online :wink:

WTF !! Put Vlad Guerrero on the cover

Last edited:
I never purchased THE BIGS because I heard nothing but bad about it. Crappy gameplay, bad controls, iffy graphics. Just from all the reviews i read, sounded like it sucked. This is the one I will wait for.

Should be good.
Was waiting for solid baseball game after playing the one on Wii Sports.
Controls should be good then, and if they have similar visuals to most other sports games on the Wii, maybe a touch better I'll be pleased.

Back