Real Time Stratagy On Wii

leakey

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2007
Does any one agree that a RTS on Wii would be cool and is there going to be one released?

Command and Conquer, Age of Empires, Halo Wars and Supreme Commander are all RTS Pokewii. MySims is, as you might guess from the name, a simulation.

leakey said:
Does any one agree that a RTS on Wii would be cool and is there going to be one released?

BWii is about as far as you can get from RTS and still sort of be RTS, but it's right around the corner. Companies have been strangely reluctant from using the Wiimote as a mouse--case in point is the coming turn-based strategy game Fire Emblem--it uses the same joystick based movement as the GC version did. Why not just use the freaking pointer? I do not know.

The real stuff will come eventually. Not soon, but if you're a hardcore gamer on the Wii, you might as well get used to waiting. One of the downsides of being innovative is that some people will do anything to avoid changing.

yeah bwii is the closest to a rts. fire emblem is a tbs, but its more of the party vs enemies style, not army vs army. bwii is army vs army vs idk its crazy fun though and is not the deepest when it comes to strategy, but super fun when it comes to combat.

SID MEIER's Civilisation revolution is comming to the wii end 2008 and will have online play:yesnod: Check out the video alhough they only talk about the wii at the end sorryits on gamespot i cant find it rit now

jjrules352 said:
SID MEIER's Civilisation revolution is comming to the wii end 2008 and will have online play:yesnod: Check out the video alhough they only talk about the wii at the end sorryits on gamespot i cant find it rit now

Civ is a great strategy series (and I'm looking forward to it too), but it's turn based, not RTS.

Back