REAL Wii experience, with faq....

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
...i decided to post this, got it from nsider...theres this dude who got a hold of the wee wee...at the fusion tour ofcourse...

Is the Wii remote light? I keep hearing it feels cheap and plasticy.
No. It in fact is not. It definitely has a weight to it, and unlike some other described controllers like the SixAxis, it definitely does not feel cheap and lightweight. It's not heavy, but it has a weight that definitely makes the thing worth $40.

How big is the Wii remote?
It was much smaller than I imagined. I thought it would be large and kind of bulky, but no. It fits the grooves of your hand perfectly and the buttons are all in the right places. There's shiney plastic on the top part of the controller, and a smooth white plastic on the bottom. The dimensions can be found by measuring the 3D Wii remote model at IGN in the Wii FAQ.

Is it comfortable?
It's certainly the most comfortable controller I've ever felt, period.

How big is the Wii?
Honestly, it is flucking tiny. Imagine the length of the bottom to the top of the wii remote, and that's about as tall as it gets. The thing is small.

How does the Wii remote play? How sensitive is it?
It's extremely sensitive, which is a good thing. It's not too sensitive that you can't aim without missing every target, but it's sensitive so that I didn't even notice myself moving my arm, I was just moving my wrist. Plus, when you play, you get so in tune with the game and you have so much fun, it's like you don't even notice anything.

Is it tiring to hold and move that Wii remote?
Not at all. Despite the rumors from people who haven't played it, I had played the thing for a total of almost 45 minutes, and I craved more. I wasn't tired. In fact you don't even notice because you're concentrating on the fun you have in the game.

How was the sensor bar?
You can tell there weren't any flourescent lights or sunlight over the kiosks for a reason, however I will get into detail with this in a moment. The sensor bar picks up movements perfectly and intuitively. The sensor bar is small and will fit on any TV larger than 9 inches. There is of course a tiny delay between you moving the wii remote and the cursor moving on the screen, but it is so insignificant and small you probably won't notice (I did because I was so observative and of course...obsessed).

What about the Wiis crashing at Nintendo World? What happened Here?
Nothing happened. Like I have pointed out to many, the Wiis at Fusion Tour and Nintendo World are early early demo models. And now I can personally say it's true. Iwata Asks on www.wii.com confirmed that "In the early stages of development we had trouble with flourescent light and sunlight" but they said they developed a mechanism to nullify this problem. The Wiis at Fusion Tour had 4 peculiar problems the Final Versions have been confirmed not to have:
The Fusion Tour Wiis lacked:
- A sensor bar cable protruding from the back of the console, as the final versions have.
- The blue light emitting from the disc drive, was not there.
- Flourescent and Sunlight interfere with the sensor bar and Wii remote.
- The game demos at Fusion Tour were the same demos used at E3, and not the ones used at the Nintendo Wii Press conference. They lacked the updated minigames and control schemes the final versions had.

Let's take an observation. At the Nintendo Wii Press Conference in New York, all the Wiis there had:
- Blue light emitting from the drives
- Flourescent lights beaming from above on every kiosk, and not one malfunctioned.
- There were sensor bar cables coming from the back of the console.
- The game demos like Wario Ware, Zelda, and Metroid had the updated control schemes, new minigames, and Zelda of course had the mirrored universe for Right handed link.

This proves the Wiis that broke down at Nintendo World were in fact not final versions, and supports Iwata Asks in saying that they developed a mechanism to counteract this defect.

How were the games? What did it feel like playing them?
Honestly, after last night I want to take home all of the games lol. Even WiiSports isn't as crappy as I thought it would be. It was fun. ExciteTruck took some getting used to (I kept pressing the D-pad to turn instead of actually turning the controller) but it worked out great. The games were fun, not just any fun. The pure fun you get when you try something that is new and exciting, and that anybody can enjoy. That is the Wii difference

Describe each game you played.
Wario Ware was hilarious. Everyone was laughing as we did the mini-games. I had to sautee food, to turn a door knob, drink water, hula-hoop, jump, drive, push a kid into the mud, put a granny's teeth in her mouth. It was just overall hilarious, and very very fun for a party game. It only requires the Wii remote as well.

WiiSports was pretty fun. It worked well and the control scheme was ingenius lol. I loved Bowling and Tennis the most.

WiiPlay: Shooting was extremely fun. It was like duck hunt all over again. You had to shoot ducks, frisbees, soda cans, and UFOs that came to abduct Miis in the grass field lol. It was my first game and I had so much fun.

ExciteTruck had the largest learning curve. I was so used to pressing the D-pad instead of actually turning the controller. But the tilt sensor is remarkable and works very very well. It was very fun, perhaps the new Mario Kart, eh?

How were the graphics for the Wii?
I was a bit skeptical at first, but now that I've seen the Wii play on a real television, I must say the Wii has absolutely astounding graphics. Not as good as the 360, but very close. In fact as close as you can get without HD. ExciteTruck looked very crisp and beautiful, however the particle effects and water effects were mediocre (That's not the hardware's fault... I've seen the hardware can do better. It's the developer's fault). WarioWare had awesome graphics too (for the times it tried to look real). WiiSports and WiiPlay...to my amazement, had the most beautiful graphics. Crisp lush visuals made it very interesting. And since these were all hooked up to plasma TVs anyway, they looked even better.

What about the rumble feature for the Wii remote?
Honestly it just felt like a slightly more noticeable vibration of a Cell Phone. It's noticeable but it's not like the Gamecube and the Dualshock used to be. Then again it's better than what the SixAxis has xD.

The speaker in the Wii remote, what about that?
I've heard the speaker is around performance of a regular DS speaker, but I couldn't really hear it because everything was so noisy.

welp i guess that kinda puts it in a good manner, oh and btw, i went to gamespot by my house (miami beach, fl) and they have a wii kiosk set up, but its off. man, the wii is small compared to these other george forman and mike tyson's bar-b-q grills (ps3 & 360). well, i hope that was some good info, see ya

Hopefully Gears of War can keep me occupied till Wii Release. Tryng to get some extra money so I can get more games on release date.

NeMeZyZ said:
...i decided to post this, got it from nsider...theres this dude who got a hold of the wee wee...at the fusion tour ofcourse...

Is the Wii remote light? I keep hearing it feels cheap and plasticy.
No. It in fact is not. It definitely has a weight to it, and unlike some other described controllers like the SixAxis, it definitely does not feel cheap and lightweight. It's not heavy, but it has a weight that definitely makes the thing worth $40.

How big is the Wii remote?
It was much smaller than I imagined. I thought it would be large and kind of bulky, but no. It fits the grooves of your hand perfectly and the buttons are all in the right places. There's shiney plastic on the top part of the controller, and a smooth white plastic on the bottom. The dimensions can be found by measuring the 3D Wii remote model at IGN in the Wii FAQ.

Is it comfortable?
It's certainly the most comfortable controller I've ever felt, period.

How big is the Wii?
Honestly, it is flucking tiny. Imagine the length of the bottom to the top of the wii remote, and that's about as tall as it gets. The thing is small.

How does the Wii remote play? How sensitive is it?
It's extremely sensitive, which is a good thing. It's not too sensitive that you can't aim without missing every target, but it's sensitive so that I didn't even notice myself moving my arm, I was just moving my wrist. Plus, when you play, you get so in tune with the game and you have so much fun, it's like you don't even notice anything.

Is it tiring to hold and move that Wii remote?
Not at all. Despite the rumors from people who haven't played it, I had played the thing for a total of almost 45 minutes, and I craved more. I wasn't tired. In fact you don't even notice because you're concentrating on the fun you have in the game.

How was the sensor bar?
You can tell there weren't any flourescent lights or sunlight over the kiosks for a reason, however I will get into detail with this in a moment. The sensor bar picks up movements perfectly and intuitively. The sensor bar is small and will fit on any TV larger than 9 inches. There is of course a tiny delay between you moving the wii remote and the cursor moving on the screen, but it is so insignificant and small you probably won't notice (I did because I was so observative and of course...obsessed).

What about the Wiis crashing at Nintendo World? What happened Here?
Nothing happened. Like I have pointed out to many, the Wiis at Fusion Tour and Nintendo World are early early demo models. And now I can personally say it's true. Iwata Asks on www.wii.com confirmed that "In the early stages of development we had trouble with flourescent light and sunlight" but they said they developed a mechanism to nullify this problem. The Wiis at Fusion Tour had 4 peculiar problems the Final Versions have been confirmed not to have:
The Fusion Tour Wiis lacked:
- A sensor bar cable protruding from the back of the console, as the final versions have.
- The blue light emitting from the disc drive, was not there.
- Flourescent and Sunlight interfere with the sensor bar and Wii remote.
- The game demos at Fusion Tour were the same demos used at E3, and not the ones used at the Nintendo Wii Press conference. They lacked the updated minigames and control schemes the final versions had.

Let's take an observation. At the Nintendo Wii Press Conference in New York, all the Wiis there had:
- Blue light emitting from the drives
- Flourescent lights beaming from above on every kiosk, and not one malfunctioned.
- There were sensor bar cables coming from the back of the console.
- The game demos like Wario Ware, Zelda, and Metroid had the updated control schemes, new minigames, and Zelda of course had the mirrored universe for Right handed link.

This proves the Wiis that broke down at Nintendo World were in fact not final versions, and supports Iwata Asks in saying that they developed a mechanism to counteract this defect.

How were the games? What did it feel like playing them?
Honestly, after last night I want to take home all of the games lol. Even WiiSports isn't as crappy as I thought it would be. It was fun. ExciteTruck took some getting used to (I kept pressing the D-pad to turn instead of actually turning the controller) but it worked out great. The games were fun, not just any fun. The pure fun you get when you try something that is new and exciting, and that anybody can enjoy. That is the Wii difference

Describe each game you played.
Wario Ware was hilarious. Everyone was laughing as we did the mini-games. I had to sautee food, to turn a door knob, drink water, hula-hoop, jump, drive, push a kid into the mud, put a granny's teeth in her mouth. It was just overall hilarious, and very very fun for a party game. It only requires the Wii remote as well.

WiiSports was pretty fun. It worked well and the control scheme was ingenius lol. I loved Bowling and Tennis the most.

WiiPlay: Shooting was extremely fun. It was like duck hunt all over again. You had to shoot ducks, frisbees, soda cans, and UFOs that came to abduct Miis in the grass field lol. It was my first game and I had so much fun.

ExciteTruck had the largest learning curve. I was so used to pressing the D-pad instead of actually turning the controller. But the tilt sensor is remarkable and works very very well. It was very fun, perhaps the new Mario Kart, eh?

How were the graphics for the Wii?
I was a bit skeptical at first, but now that I've seen the Wii play on a real television, I must say the Wii has absolutely astounding graphics. Not as good as the 360, but very close. In fact as close as you can get without HD. ExciteTruck looked very crisp and beautiful, however the particle effects and water effects were mediocre (That's not the hardware's fault... I've seen the hardware can do better. It's the developer's fault). WarioWare had awesome graphics too (for the times it tried to look real). WiiSports and WiiPlay...to my amazement, had the most beautiful graphics. Crisp lush visuals made it very interesting. And since these were all hooked up to plasma TVs anyway, they looked even better.

What about the rumble feature for the Wii remote?
Honestly it just felt like a slightly more noticeable vibration of a Cell Phone. It's noticeable but it's not like the Gamecube and the Dualshock used to be. Then again it's better than what the SixAxis has xD.

The speaker in the Wii remote, what about that?
I've heard the speaker is around performance of a regular DS speaker, but I couldn't really hear it because everything was so noisy.

welp i guess that kinda puts it in a good manner, oh and btw, i went to gamespot by my house (miami beach, fl) and they have a wii kiosk set up, but its off. man, the wii is small compared to these other george forman and mike tyson's bar-b-q grills (ps3 & 360). well, i hope that was some good info, see ya

Haha, nice use of sensorship

all sounds good and kinda what i was expecting...

although one point i gotta pick up "Is it tiring using and moving the wiimote"

as per my thread on hardcore gamers having problem with this...

playing for just 45 minutes when you are excited is not a good measure of how tiring it will be to play... come one how many of us play a game for just 45 minutes!

when the dust settles and you've been playing Red Steel for 8 hours solid tell me you arm doesnt ache... and 8 hours isnt a lot for the hardcore out there

but no doubt this machine is gonna rock, i cant wait...

nice info, thank the source

I was a bit skeptical at first, but now that I've seen the Wii play on a real television, I must say the Wii has absolutely astounding graphics. Not as good as the 360, but very close. In fact as close as you can get without HD.

Promising, very promising.

All the other stuff is more good news, but nothing we didn't already know or expect.

for non gamers, using your fingers for just an hour can be tireing. So its just something that we will have to get used to.

White-Wolf said:
for non gamers, using your fingers for just an hour can be tireing. So its just something that we will have to get used to.

i guess we will have to wait and see...

first person to break their arm wins a prize... ;)

I'm guessing that the weight of the wii is like putting a ipod mini in your hand. but this info helped alot!

breakpoint said:
i guess we will have to wait and see...

first person to break their arm wins a prize... ;)

oh i soooo am going to win at this game.... im also going to be the first person to let go of the wiimote mid swing. It will be spectacular.

I Know the thing about non gamers with sore fingers becuse i encurage my girl friand to play games with me, and she stops around an hour. I started playing with the nintendo, and i can take hours and hours of games. this is just going to be a new way to play. We may get sore at first, but we will adapt. I bet in the near future we will see wii braces.

Back