Realms 2: Rebirth of Evil (Official RP)

(its Nogeth not Noth)

"Good. You're all here. Now to inform you of our final target, Valentine City. Salfir has desecrated it and will be cleansed from it like our other targets. However for this one the rules are different. We know the enemy has a small but capable fighting force and we will not be aiming to destroy but to retake it with little damage to the city itself. The great one has layed out a two part plan that requires all of us. First, Venator and Yamata; you both will lead a frontal assault with a few of our elite warriors. Kill as many as you can. While you distract them with the cleansing, Vibro and myself will make our way through the recently completed tunnel and come out directly under our former leader's home, Valentine Manor. Valentine kept a private store of weapons and armor incase he ever lost control of the populas or if the other countries managed to put him on the defensive. Neither could, or did, happen thus the weapons remain unused. Vibro and I will be taking the rest of our troops, entering the storage and then striking the enemy from behind." Vent stood up and looked at the other three. "This plan has no flaws. Thanks to the false map Vibro leaked to the high ranking diplomat, the enemy believes our tunnel system stops a mile short of Valentine City. They are also under the assumption that we will have no knowledge of the fact that we know they will be bringing reinforcements soon. We will therefore have the greatest advantage when we take them by surprise with an assault on two fronts, one from the expected course and the other from within the city they believe themselves the owner of. Retaking our capital will shatter what remaining hope the other countries have. That is when we move to phase two of the master plan. Any questions?" Vent knew his plan was flawless. When he had informed the great one of it weeks ago he was given gratitude and advice on how to perfect it. Vent has had weeks to prepare every detail of this plan and now he was ready to implement it.

Nero shook his head. "No sir." He leaned against the wall and looked down, thinking of his commrade Yamata.

Night shook his head.
"No more unnecessary fighting. But I don't want to be followed, so..."

Night outstreched his left arm, revealing a glimpse of his mark. His hand began to shimmer, as if surrounded by smoke.
"On my signal, run. DARKNESS GRENADE!"
A fist-sized ball of darkness shot from Night's hand and exploded on the ground, surrounding them in impenetrable darkness.
"GO! Whoever's there, they'll be able to see us soon!"
Night grabbed one of the unconcious soldiers and dashed towards the woods.

Yamata covered his mouth over his cloth on his face to take precausions. He ran outside the building and saw them run off into the woods. He shook his head knowing that he shouldn't follow anymore away from base and started to run south. Once he got to the base he knocked on General Nogeth's chamber door.

"Enter." Vent commanded. When he saw Yamata he scowled. "What do you need that would make you interupt our meeting?"

Richand and Siana rode on as Negliv loomed into view.
"Look! Over there!"
Siana pointed at the battalion of soldiers marching out of the city's main gate. Leading them was unmistakeably Oric, his crimson and gold armor shining brightly. Richand and Siana raced towards him.
"ORIC!"

Wipping a strand of shaggy black hair out of his eyes, Oric jerked his head in the direction of the call. Almost immediately Oric could see it was Siana and Richand both on horseback with something eager to say. The king rode across the grassy field to meet them, dismounted and quickly greated the Zaminkios'. "I just sent a messanger to your home. I believe the Destrain Shadows will attack Valentine City, we intend to stop them and crush these terrorists before they gain any more strength."

(its Nogeth not Noth)

"Good. You're all here. Now to inform you of our final target, Valentine City. Salfir has desecrated it and will be cleansed from it like our other targets. However for this one the rules are different. We know the enemy has a small but capable fighting force and we will not be aiming to destroy but to retake it with little damage to the city itself. The great one has layed out a two part plan that requires all of us. First, Venator and Yamata; you both will lead a frontal assault with a few of our elite warriors. Kill as many as you can. While you distract them with the cleansing, Vibro and myself will make our way through the recently completed tunnel and come out directly under our former leader's home, Valentine Manor. Valentine kept a private store of weapons and armor incase he ever lost control of the populas or if the other countries managed to put him on the defensive. Neither could, or did, happen thus the weapons remain unused. Vibro and I will be taking the rest of our troops, entering the storage and then striking the enemy from behind." Vent stood up and looked at the other three. "This plan has no flaws. Thanks to the false map Vibro leaked to the high ranking diplomat, the enemy believes our tunnel system stops a mile short of Valentine City. They are also under the assumption that we will have no knowledge of the fact that we know they will be bringing reinforcements soon. We will therefore have the greatest advantage when we take them by surprise with an assault on two fronts, one from the expected course and the other from within the city they believe themselves the owner of. Retaking our capital will shatter what remaining hope the other countries have. That is when we move to phase two of the master plan. Any questions?" Vent knew his plan was flawless. When he had informed the great one of it weeks ago he was given gratitude and advice on how to perfect it. Vent has had weeks to prepare every detail of this plan and now he was ready to implement it.

Venator nodded in agreement, still focused on making arrows. His leg began to twitch excitedly with the thought of another hunt. By now he was on the third arrow, working on the tip. He focused intensly has he positioned the head just right and tied it into place. The Shadow Phantom inspected his work and satisfied, placed the three new projectiles into his quiver, filling it to its limit. As he waited to be dismissed, he began to sharpen his two throwing knifes by running them up and down the length of his machete.

Richand nodded.
"We actually just learned of that ourselves, and we're here to help."
Richand and Siana quickly explained each of the four commanders to Oric.
"So, if we can find any of them, capturing them is of the utmost importance."

Has it really been fifteen years since I was last here? Fifteen years... since I called this home? Seth was walking around Peace City. He had reached the former Destry capital a few minutes ago. He was going to inform the city guards that soon reinforcements would arrive and he would tell them that the Shadows would likely attack the city, but first he wanted to see. He wanted to see what exactly had changed in the years he'd been gone. The most obvious change was the lack of Valentine. During his reign, the streets were lined with statues of him. Now they were all torn down. Valentine Manor still stood at the city's center, as the capital building. But it had been remodled and renamed to Free Manor. Seth then took a turn down a street, to a sight that made him stop in his tracks. His mansion, his former home, it was overrun. When Seth never returned to it the mansion seemed to have been abandoned. Plants were growing all over it. Seth walked up and opened his door. The sight made him sigh, depressed at how it looked. Things were broken, many things were missing. Apparently his home had been looted and left abandoned. Seth walked the familiar halls, as if he had never seen them before. Finally he came to the room he was looking for, his study. Seth opened the door and gasped, it was pratically untouched. His study was lined with books on various subjects, most were invaluable pieces of history. Many were the only copy left. The only things missing from the room seemed to be the elegant paintings and statues. The fools left the most precious thing alone. Seth thought with a smile. He walked up and grabbed a black book off the shelf. It was very thick with gold writing on it in an extinct language. Seth ran his hand over it, remembering the day he got it.
-------------------------------------
"Here. I'm sure you'll find it a good read." Seth was handed a book by a tall man in priest robes, his eyes twinkling with power. Seth looked over the book in wonder. "The Tome of Shadows. I thought all the copies were burned centeries ago. How did you get a copy of it my friend?"
"Saved it. Because like you, I find knowledge to be timeless. Go ahead. You may keep it."
"Really? But isn't this one of your rarest books?"
"I have no need of it. Besides, I find helping a friend to be a little better. Its not often to make one when centuries pass as days."
-------------------------------------
Seth stared at the book for a long time. How I miss your company my friend, Sekhmet.

Caedus finally approached Peace City. His horse panted with weariness. Caedus dismounted his horse and walked upon the streets of the city. He glanced at the nearby homes that had been recently vacated due to the Shadow's increased activity lately... Homes that had fled to Conud and Drosin. Caedus grimaced as he passed house after house of vacated persons. He then remembered a quote... Taken directly from Storm Valentine during the Destrian Conflict.

What better way to defeat an enemy than to make them one of your own? If you can make them see through your eyes,and see faults in their own objectives, and then feed on it enough to make them turn against there beleifs, what greater victory can be had? That is how you rule. Fear keeps the order while you slowly convert the populous.

Caedus, while he knew Valentine's motives were bizzare and Valentine himself was thought to be insane, he realized the man did have a point.

The entire Destrian Conflict itself was built upon the foundation of fear... he thought to himself. And now with the Shadows coming into play... This once thriving city is now barren... Built once again upon the foundation of fear... That man... Maybe he was insane... But maybe he was also a genius...

Caedus frowned and his eyes flickered slightly as he reflected himself and his own political career. True he was respected... but he was also feared. What if the respect he thought he had, what if even that was just fear...

Caedus felt a cold shiver run down his spine, and a voice crawled out inside his head and hissed coldly like venom in his mind.

He was right... Fear keeps the lesser populous in control while you manipulate the heirarchy as you wish... You only need to know what strings to pull and embrace the power within you to pull them...

Caedus cracked his neck as his own confident conscious replied, I am well respected and I earn my position because people know I can get things done! People know that if they ask me to do something, I will get it done, even if they cant do it themselves. When I come up with ideas, people support them because they know I'm right! They do it because-

The voice interrupted, They do it because they are scared to think any differently.

Ugh... shut up.

Caedus shook the voice off and continued walking down the street. He came upon the Capitol building of New Salfir, Free Manor. He glanced the building over and saw there was no collateral damage. He walked in and without a word to the few remaining New Salfirians there, he walked to the top room of the Manor, and took a seat in the cheif's chair. As soon as he sat down he felt a cold rush of dark power from deep within the Manor. He knew what it was from. He had read all the books.

This used to be Valentine Manor... This used to be Valentine's office... and the seat Caedus now occupied had been the seat in which Valentine orchestrated the Destrian Conflict...

Seth was walking through the halls of Free Manor, vividly remembering how they were during Valentines rule. Filled with portraits of himself and servents, either terrorfied or honored to serve the evil dictator. Seth himself had walked the halls with a feeling of honor. Though it was all for the sake of a great peace, Seth had taken pride in being one of the most feared on the planet. Though currently the idea disgusts him. As he walked into the main office he was surprised to see a child in the chair. He was expecting the mayor of the city but instead was a child with regal appearance and clothes, as well as a commanding presence. "Ah, so you are the youth I'ved heard so much about. Caedus I believe?"

Vent glared at him. "That is why you interupted us? Survivors? Did you at least kill them?"

"Then you failed us." Vent's eyes glowed for a small moment and Yamata was blasted by an invisible force of energy, sending him out of the room. "If there are no other questions, generals, then you are to wait in your quarters until notified. Take the time to prepare yourselves for the coming battle." Vent turned and sat back down at his desk, waiting for the others to leave.

Vibro bowed & replied "Yes sir. Call when I am needed."
With that Vibro walked out of the chamber & went back to his room to meditate.
Soon. Very Soon, I shall be able to wipe out those pathetic countries with some help.
When Vibro got into the room he started to meditate about how much fun it would be to finally teach them a lesson in fear.

"We're almost there."
Night led them for another 3 minutes. It was clear that they were getting deeper into the forest. The massive trees blocked out all sunlight, and the only sounds that could be heard were the calls of wild birds and the three's heavy footsteps crunching the frozen grass. Finally, they reached a cave blocked by a huge boulder. Night pushed the massive boulder to the side and gestured inside.
"Come on in. It's not much, but it's home."
The inside of the cave had a low ceiling but was surprisingly spacious, about the size of a large dining room. The rock walls were mostly barren save for a few marks, carved into the stone. In the corner was a basket filled with mushrooms, plants, and other edibles. In the corner was a ragged white drape hung up like a hammock.

Seth was walking through the halls of Free Manor, vividly remembering how they were during Valentines rule. Filled with portraits of himself and servents, either terrorfied or honored to serve the evil dictator. Seth himself had walked the halls with a feeling of honor. Though it was all for the sake of a great peace, Seth had taken pride in being one of the most feared on the planet. Though currently the idea disgusts him. As he walked into the main office he was surprised to see a child in the chair. He was expecting the mayor of the city but instead was a child with regal appearance and clothes, as well as a commanding presence. "Ah, so you are the youth I'ved heard so much about. Caedus I believe?"

Caedus's head snapped to attention. A tall man in a white cloak with shaggy white hair and a gold mask that covered most of his face walked into the room. Caedus knew who it was before the man even spoke. He had read about him in books through his studies of history and the Destrian Conflict. He had heard stories about this man from his father, richand many times before.

From his father's point of view, this man was a savior and the only reason the Destrian Conflict ended.

To the rest of Renit, Seth Covull was known as the Betrayer.

Caedus's hand snapped in place, the barrel of his gold plated pistol staring between Seth's eyes from across the room. Caedus's voice dropped an octave when he spoke, it was the voice of the cold fear inside his mind and it gave him power, his overall voice had a vindictively sinister presence about it, and it was felt by all who heard it.

"Seth Covull... The Betrayer... Is it part of your plan or is it only irony that you show yourself during times of war?"

Back