Reason for Brawl Delay?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
"Other news of notoriety takes a long time from its light of expression. Through the day and down from the tree, another reputation builds. A long wait for them…”

Oh how the poetic opening words of the SSBB theme (Loosely translated from Latin) appear to ring true.

One of the hottest and most nerve wracking rumors floating around the gaming world right now is whether or not Super Smash Bros Brawl will be delayed once again. While there has been no official announcement of a delay, several major retailers have changed the availability date for the game to March 9th, a full month after the currently scheduled release date of February 10th.

Considering the fact that the Japanese release of the game is less than two weeks away, and the ad campaign in Japan is in full throttle, a single, very valid reason for why the game would not be delayed in Japan, but would be in the rest of the world springs to the forefront. Online play. After the downright debacle that Dragonball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 3 calls online play, Nintendo just might be deciding to go with a smaller initial group for an extended amount of time to work out any potential problems that will surely arise.

Brawl is Nintendo’s most highly anticipated online capable game. Perhaps even its most anticipated game ever. While it will definitely sting if there is yet another delay for this game, once again we must consider that we will be having fun playing this game for the next 5-10 years, if not longer. Nintendo owes it to us to do whatever it takes to get it right, and we owe it to Nintendo to be patient for just a little longer if need be.

If it does indeed get delayed, it makes sense.
Online was the reason for the first delay as it still had kinks in it, so they may need to still work some things out with that.

Source:
http://dpad.gotfrag.com/wii/story/41198/

Highly doubtful, they wont delay it any longer. If they got the online working for japan it will work for the U.S

laderer5 said:
Highly doubtful, they wont delay it any longer. If they got the online working for japan it will work for [STRIKE]the U.S[/STRIKE] north america

i don't think there will be a delay, north america was supposed to get it before japan....so if it's all good in japan, there shouldn't be any problems with north america

This would settle everything. Tomorrow when everyone goes online to check the update there will be a notice and it will say " There has been a lot of speculation recently that Brawl will be delayed. I am happy to tell you, it is not. It will be out Febuary 10th 2008 as planned. Just a few more weeks!"

That would be great. Hopefully it wouldnt say

" Time has flew by. When we announced the game will be delayed until Febuary 10th 2008, we thought we had enough time to make this game perfect. Unfortunatley, it isnt. We want this game to be the best of the best. We just need a little more time. The new release date is March9th 2008. I am sorry and thank you for waiting.

yet nintendo isnt saying anything

remember my thread entitled "i hope brawl gets delayed?:lol: :lol:

i'm down with a march 9 release. i will be home from school:cool:

Back