Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

i just hate it cuz its 1000
i mean comon thats pretty freaking high
but every one to their own i ges, let those who wanna buy it 4 1 grand go ahead

riptide said:
but every one to their own i ges, let those who wanna buy it 4 1 grand go ahead
I like this post too. :lol:

+rep

:sick:

riptide said:

what the hells a 1000. what money system does AUS use?
and also it looks like its worth what you paid, and its a quality product, not a piece of **** that overheats and Breaks every other disc you put in it.

fatalorgasm92 said:
what the hells a 1000. what money system does AUS use?
and also it looks like its worth what you paid, and its a quality product, not a piece of **** that overheats and Breaks every other disc you put in it.
a weird one
ps3s are 830/999 in austraila
but i find it extremely pointless to bash a system just because of its price, when you bash the higher price, cause no one is forcing you to buy that higher priced one.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Nah dude i gotta say its a pretty good topic. I mean Every damn PS3 thread turns into a Flame war. but You have to admit Nobody has any actual reasons to dislike the PS3 everyone just blankly says it sucks with no further explanation.

I mean come on your gonna try to poke fun by saying its a grill!? haha i laugh in your face all you can too is make fun of it cosmetically. btw The PS3 looks badass with its sleek black finish. Good job at copying Xbox! you managed to copy "black" and HDMI but No sleel Gloss finish. No Wi-Fi. and a black xbox case from decalgirl is $40 for anyone who cares.

No one will be able to give a good answer. the PS3 is a great system, the Wii will come out on top but PS3 is doing great contrary to what everyone says. I think everyone attacks it because they don't have one and are afraid that maybe, just maybe, for the past 6 months of bitchin and making fun of it ... that there dead wrong , and nobody wants to be wrong, so they just continue the pointless complaining about it

I insulted this pointless waste of time not your precious PS3, idiot.
Now shaddup and listen. I don't care about it even if the PS3 has a death ray(which I need). All I care about is making sure this forum doesn't end up like the previous one I was in. which ended up with pointless threads, flame wars, and idiots. *yawn* We all love Wii, PS3, X360 so stop yakin' and start playin'!!!!

Thanks for my second rep block Sovieto!!! :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
true. this can be closed now since i gave a good reason. but dont get me wrong, i still love the ps3 even though its my least fav. of the 3

Sahirrama said:
For me the PS3 is just a shinier, and bigger PS2 with a bit better graphics(ONLY if you have HDTV)
A lot of the PS3 games are also on the PS2, so there is also no reason to buy one...
The same thing could be said about the Wii. It is just a GC with a new controller. The price isn't really that bad when you consider all that you get with it. People just dislike it because they don't have one/can't afford one. That, and because you are on a forum full of Nintendo fanboys.

dont get me wrong im impressed by the ps3 and like it but i just dont hav d money 4 it
its a fine console though

Shoko said:
true. this can be closed now since i gave a good reason. but dont get me wrong, i still love the ps3 even though its my least fav. of the 3

Same here!!! I like PS3, I just don't like it as much. Get that through your heads!!! I like it fine!!!

To paintballer:

Look I hate fanboys as much as you, but this is a Nintendo based forum sadly enough. WiiChat.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:

The same thing could be said about the Wii. It is just a GC with a new controller. The price isn't really that bad when you consider all that you get with it. People just dislike it because they don't have one/can't afford one. That, and because you are on a forum full of Nintendo fanboys.
yea the price is fair because it has alot of technology but like i said earlier, we didn't ask Sony to put all that technology in there, so were being forced to pay for things we didn't ask for(if ur gonna buy a ps3 that is.) that's really the only reason why people hate it. and because people expected more great games than it has right now. yea it has some great games, but not as many as people expected =/:crazy:

everyone should just play their systems that they own and be happy and content with it and not have to make threads about how great one system is with facts like..*PS3 has blu-ray *....big deal....it all comes down to personal opinion...everyone is entitled to there opinion....just dont be a douch*E bag about it...

My god the Wii owns... said:
Shiftfallout countdown:
0:00:39:04
fatalorgasm92 said:
lol hes a' comin.......

*achoo*

Shoko said:
orlyowlgr6.jpg

Sahirrama said:
For me the PS3 is just a shinier, and bigger PS2 with a bit better graphics(ONLY if you have HDTV)
A lot of the PS3 games are also on the PS2, so there is also no reason to buy one...

Interesting. You must not own a ps3 obviously. Its like a guy giving a woman a lecture about PMS and Childbirth. And it shows. If you think the PS2 and the PS3 are the same except for upgraded graphics, then you know very very little. Welcome to Wiichat by the way. Let me ask you a question? How biased are you? Are you familiar with out the machines work? Hardware, ram, cell cpu, gpu.. do you know what those are? Because quite frankly it doesnt look like you do.

The PS3 is a completely open console that can run linux. Compare the ps3 to an open source game, where people can add on to it. The PS3 will be the first console to support homebrew, user made applications, games, worlds. It sets up a giant network that reaches all over the globe in a virtual graphical user interface that might feel and look like the sims (home). It's online services are very free, it uses the next generation of cell processing which means its can support new forms of gameplay never seen before on any console so far. It is also has the most unique operating system found in a console, one that is near limitless in how it can be customized and added onto. People have used the mini OS found in the PSP to create many different GUI's, adding all sorts of apps turning it into a mini super computer.

Its also a huge media station, one that no other console has been able to reach so far in terms of potential and ability.

SO you are saying its just a PS2 with upgraded graphics???? looks like you have neither played a ps2 or a ps3 for that matter.

Please come back when you have studied up on how things work and remember the facts. Once you start assuming based off of rumor or opinion, you risk being wrong on all fronts.

Sahirrama said:
Thats is a really good argument Shoko...
I think that the PS3 is also a failure because of Blu-Ray...
It isn't going to be popular.
It will be like Betamax, and fail.
The Blu-Ray adds way to much to the price

Can you tell us the future of mankind too? Who will win the superbowl in the year 2020? Will I marry the olson twins?... god i hope not. Since you seem to know the future, I figure we can find out all theres to know from you.

lol

Tell me whats a failure about Blue-ray? Do you know what Blue Ray is? Did you know a dual layer blue ray disk holds up to 50 gigabytes of information? Did you also know that dual layer dvds cant go past 15 gigabyts. 360 and wii use dvds. Tell me whats a failure about having up to 50gigs for those developers to use? Did you know that each time a decent game comes out on dvd, the developers are forced to leave stuff out, compress and dumb down certain things to squeez that game onto a dvd... did you also know that developers were hoping for a bigger storage medium. You still stand by the fact blue ray is a failure? Blue ray was developed and backed by 180 companies including Disney, Warner Bros, Sony, Apple... you think they would make a product if there was no need for it? Are you familiar with piracy? did you know its easier to protect your product on a blue ray disc? Tell me what is a failure about this?

You bring up Betamax, which in turn created the first camcorder, which followed with professional success. While it wasnt popular in the consumer market, it was used on the professional side, and has caused the developement of technology you use now to this day.
Did you know that the reason VHS was more popular was because it was able to hold more than the first betamax cassette? By this logic, wouldnt Blue ray be a success because it too holds more information per disc?

So blue ray adds too much to the price? Is this why sony loses $240 for every console sold...Considering you get wi-fi built in, bigger and better upgradable hard drives, blue tooth, free internet, rechargable controllers... hell all you are paying is $599. Thats includes blue ray. Now look at the 360, which you have to buy wi-fi seperately, that does not have rechargable controllers, which charges for internet play, which charges an arm and a leg for their hard drives... The 360 comes up to be much more expensive than the PS3. THe only thing they do is make you pay for the difference in other ways. For example, 4 years of internet service with the 360 will already bump you up $200. The PS3.. is free. Consider that part of that $599 price tag. If you look at all the PS3 has in it and all that the other consoles leave out to make you pay for seperately (and for more $), you see that the $599 price tag ISNT just due to Blue Ray. In a sense, you can think that they are giving you blue ray free since sony takes a 240 dollar loss. Which means, you are paying for a lifetime of internet, wi-fi, better HD, rechargable controllers, blue tooth, an advanced OS... man we are getting a deal.

Its really about looking at the big and factual picture. Reality is what we like to call it. I hope from now on Sahirrama, you will use logic based on facts and not bias. Good luck.

Last edited:
Monsteroids said:
I insulted this pointless waste of time not your precious PS3, idiot.
Now shaddup and listen. I don't care about it even if the PS3 has a death ray(which I need). All I care about is making sure this forum doesn't end up like the previous one I was in. which ended up with pointless threads, flame wars, and idiots. *yawn* We all love Wii, PS3, X360 so stop yakin' and start playin'!!!!

Thanks for my second rep block Sovieto!!! :smilewinkgrin:

Ya dude i know what you were saying. There wasn't any dividing point when i stopped talking to you. I can see why you took it that way but only a sentence or two were aimed towards repling to you. I just included what i wanted to say about the Thread with the Reply so i wasnt double posting for no reason

Aw crap hes here, bye all :lol:. Whip us all into shape Shiftfallout! :lol:
Hmm... Why did you sign up here? To give the happy Ninty fans a lecture about how insignificant their console is? Well I don't hate you :) You serve as a good balance and good brains for this forum. :) By the way, you're all over Google. How much time do you spend on your computer??? :) I'm happy, don't kill my mood! :lol:

Monsteroids said:
Aw crap hes here, bye all :lol:. Whip us all into shape Shiftfallout! :lol:
Hmm... Why did you sign up here? To give the happy Ninty fans a lecture about how insignificant their console is? Well I don't hate you :) You serve as a good balance and good brains for this forum. :) By the way, you're all over Google. How much time do you spend on your computer??? :) I'm happy, don't kill my mood! :lol:

I just wanted to point out he never Bashes Nintendo so don't say that....Theres alot of PS3 bashing on this forum so ya you're right he helps balance it out. But i jsut wanted to mention he never said Wii is insignificant

Back