Reasons people haven't come up with for why the PS3 is a failure.

Ok i got one. I had to really think about it, but here it is. A legit reason the PS3 will be a failure.

Backwards compatible.

I know your thinking 'But thats a good thing?' No its not, heres why. The DS only plays DS and GBA games. They took out the feature to play GB/C games forcing people to buy GB/C/A to play them, thats money.

The Xbox 360 can play some Xbox titles, the rest you need a Xbox for forcing you to buy one, more money.

The Wii can play Wii and GC games but make you choose to either download old games or buy the console and search relentlessly for the game, my bet is people will pay to download it which equals money baby.

Now Sony, ah Sony, they choose to make the PS3 almost completely backwards compatible. Now when someone has a PS3 and gets a new PS2 game, they will play it on the PS3. Well now sony just lost money for not selling that person a PS2 console.

Someone digs though their memories and wants to relive the first PS game they played, like the Jampack demo disc, well they just throw that into the PS3 and have at it, now Sony just lost a possible PS1 or even PS2 sale.

Wheres the motovation to buy old systems? Not in backwards compatibility, learn Sony! Nintendo and Microsoft ditched the past, now your embracing it like a pansy, for shame.

I already know what blu-ray is.
All I am saying is that it is probably going to fail to DVD
because it is too expensive.
People aren't going to pay 800 dollars for a player when they can buy one for 50 dollars.
Blu-ray is a fantastic thing, but it is too much.
Even though Sony is losing money on every console, it is still too much money for most people to spend on a gamind console.
For some people 600 dollars is nothing, and they will probably buy a PS3.
I am not saying the PS3 is a bad deal, I am saying that it is too much.

People like to call the ps3 a failure for loadsssssssss of reasons.
Theres the bluray trojan horse.
The poor sales (outsold by the gba)
The fact that alot of games you can play on the cheaper 360.
There is the whole brown argument (ps3 games are brown lol)
The lack of good games for quite awhile to come yet.
The laughable ad campaign. THIS IS LIVING
The disappointment - Alot of people were all like "lol wii looks like a tv remote, ps3 will be awesome, it will have 3534897 good games" but the best thing about the ps3 at the moment, is that it can play ps2 games.
599 US DOLLARS.
Long loading times in game.
Losing exclusives.

Last edited:
i was about to report your bad post, but i am biting the bullet on this one. i have just checked out the sales records for all the systems sold in the last week. Unfortunately for you, you could not have been more wrong. PS3 vs. GBA stats as follows; 8,998 - 16. yea, looks to me like the GBA is having second coming to me(sarcasm).

The 360 may be cheaper but those crap-tastic port-overs are still $60. I'd rather have the blue ray, and PS3 exclusive games. I am hurt that software development teams will not endeavor to pick up the hammer and pound out a decent game on a real next gen console like SquareEnix. The PS2 did not start out with as many great games as it had today. but it gained them over a period of years,with many good titles inside of the first 18 months to start off, and Sony does not depend on beating the same dead horse over a decade later, such as Nintendo has continued to do with Mario, Zelda and Link, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and now Sonic & Tails. i am pretty sure that is the extent of most of Nintendo's "big hits." Sony has always embraced and encouraged the development of new titles and genre's into the market.

When i play a Playstation game that is rated for my age or even less, be it on 1, 2, or 3, I feel like a first time driver trying to compete in the indianapolis 500. I just can't win in the first time through like its a sesame street game. |Nintendo has failed time and again to actually implement a difficulty setting into relative titles. I do NOT want a bunch of games i can beat in the first half hour and get bored of because my game-illiterate sister makes it look like a cake walk. anyways before this post gets too long, on to my next point.

the loading time for the simple, SIMPLE, SIMPLE, Wii (comparatively) is substantially longer than that of the PS3 loading a massive environment with seamless integration of new areas that your character will travel too, such as Oblivion. To my recollection of actually playing the PS3, i don't remember there actually being much if any in game loading. The Wii however, is loading up every 5 minutes (slight exaggeration).

As far as exclusives, you have not done your research, FFXIII is a PS3 exclusive, and better for it. i could list the exclusives for the PS3 but you can do the research yourself like you should have to begin with at Playstation.com .

well, when you can come up with a legit reason, then I would not mind reading your "reasons the PS3 is a failure" post, and maybe actually posting that a console is failing, not when it is excelling, but when it is actually failing. The other reasons to me are pretty off the wall (brown? because the games are brown? I bet Sony is sorry they encouraged the use of realistic dust and dirt. Please tell me you were J/K).And lastly, "Wii would like to play" is not the greatest slogan I've ever heard either, but thanks for trying Flagel, i guess.

|So in closing, untill someone actually plays the PS3, PLEASE DON'T POST ANYTHING ABOUT IT! it makes you sound like a fanboy with completely unfounded bias (maybe you are?).

I assure you the Ps3 is the same or even faster at loading games than the 360, as Blue-ray can load things at a quicker speed, Resistance is 16gb in size(rougly) and Gears of War is 9 gb(not sure on this) but im sure Resistance loads faster than Gears and its nearly twice the size Gears. Ps3 is an amazing console, you pay for what you get, and normally the dearer item is better quality, its the same here, there's no doubt that the Ps3 is built way better than the 360(thats not really saying anything though as the 360 melts discs, over heats constantly and is just plain poorly built.) The Wii is a cheap console and it shows, it's poorly built, cheap materials but nintendo have done well by hiding all this with a motion sensing controller, they still no how to sell something when it's out-classed by fellow consoles, thats for sure.

---Brian--- said:
The Wii is a cheap console and it shows, it's poorly built, cheap materials but nintendo have done well by hiding all this with a motion sensing controller, they still no how to sell something when it's out-classed by fellow consoles, thats for sure.
Competitions a *****, you just gotta know how to slap her ;)

Ugh we dont need anymore of these 'Why Ps3 Sucks' threads. It just makes two sides of fanboys duel it out until its locked or they all get carpul tunnel.

Ps3 is pricey sure, but noones forcing you to buy it. If you want a medium between graphics and gameplay, get a Xbox360. If you like gameplay but dont care for stellar graphics ,get a Wii. If you want to spend alot and get great graphics and alright gameplay, get a Ps3.

Or get em all. Oo

PtonJalken said:
Ugh we dont need anymore of these 'Why Ps3 Sucks' threads. It just makes two sides of fanboys duel it out until its locked or they all get carpul tunnel.

Ps3 is pricey sure, but noones forcing you to buy it. If you want a medium between graphics and gameplay, get a Xbox360. If you like gameplay but dont care for stellar graphics ,get a Wii. If you want to spend alot and get great graphics and alright gameplay, get a Ps3.

Or get em all. Oo
This isn't a PS3 sucks thread...
This is here to get some people's opinions on a different console.
If you don't like the thread then don't read it.

Sahirrama said:
This isn't a PS3 sucks thread...
This is here to get some people's opinions on a different console.
If you don't like the thread then don't read it.

Ah, your obviously new to these forums.

I wont bother explaining then, but if you have been here as long as i have you'd know exactly what i meant and wouldnt be trying to be a forum cop.

Monsteroids said:
By the way, you're all over Google. How much time do you spend on your computer??? :) I'm happy, don't kill my mood! :lol:

Yeah no Sh*t. I am all over the place. If you look at some of those dates though, they go back to 2003-ish. I am actually suprised at googles search results. Dont worry, I registered www.shiftfallout.com =)

lol btw, try typing your name into Yahoo's search engine. MONSTER LOADS (and not the good kind). Also did you know Roids is short for hemorrhoids?

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Ok i got one. I had to really think about it, but here it is. A legit reason the PS3 will be a failure.

Backwards compatible.

I know your thinking 'But thats a good thing?' No its not, heres why. The DS only plays DS and GBA games. They took out the feature to play GB/C games forcing people to buy GB/C/A to play them, thats money.

The Xbox 360 can play some Xbox titles, the rest you need a Xbox for forcing you to buy one, more money.

The Wii can play Wii and GC games but make you choose to either download old games or buy the console and search relentlessly for the game, my bet is people will pay to download it which equals money baby.

Now Sony, ah Sony, they choose to make the PS3 almost completely backwards compatible. Now when someone has a PS3 and gets a new PS2 game, they will play it on the PS3. Well now sony just lost money for not selling that person a PS2 console.

Someone digs though their memories and wants to relive the first PS game they played, like the Jampack demo disc, well they just throw that into the PS3 and have at it, now Sony just lost a possible PS1 or even PS2 sale.

Wheres the motovation to buy old systems? Not in backwards compatibility, learn Sony! Nintendo and Microsoft ditched the past, now your embracing it like a pansy, for shame.

Theres nothing wrong with backwards compat.

I dont know anybody that said Hey I really want to play this Xbox game ill go buy an Xbox 1.

I know 3 people including Myself who got a PS3 to replace a broken PS2.
So In that marketing point backwards compat is great. I don't need to plug in my PS1 and didn't buy a new PS2. Also with downloads. What Wii has is awesome classics. 360 has Arcade. PS3 is a mix but they are actually making NEW PS3 games that are Download, Like tekken.

Monster +
Steroids =
Monsteroids

Just an off the top of my head name. I learned this was a name for a Hanna Barbera carton as well as some other cartoon.

Oh, Shiftfallout, you site isn't working at all(I'm sure you know that).
GamerCon, you just don't remember when he played the little comparison game. So the Wii's got crappy hardware. That doesn't mean it can't prove to be fun to a lot of the normal consumers you uptight, rich, snob!

Man, I just woke up, someone should lose this dumb thread and make a better one on the PS3. *yawn* G'night.
Turning 14 in 5 days. :)

Im rich, I just choose to live with my mom.

The Wii's not a bad console but for that price, just a little but more powerful would have been nice.

Sahirrama said:
I already know what blu-ray is.
All I am saying is that it is probably going to fail to DVD
because it is too expensive.
People aren't going to pay 800 dollars for a player when they can buy one for 50 dollars.
Blu-ray is a fantastic thing, but it is too much.
Even though Sony is losing money on every console, it is still too much money for most people to spend on a gamind console.
For some people 600 dollars is nothing, and they will probably buy a PS3.

1. Blue ray is going to fail to dvd? But blue ray is the upgrade of dvd. Was DVD going to fail to CD? and in turn CD to fail to VHS? and VHS fail to floppy disk?

How old are you? Have you been around when DVD players were first introduced? Guess how much they costs? yep. A LOT. The PS3 is not overly expensive, sorry and its not blue ray thats making the PS3 out of range for grubbly little fingers. Thats just a sad excuse used by kids who dont know any better.

Hate to tell you that not only is blue ray practically being given to you in the PS3, but blue ray discs are more cost efficant than producing multiple dvds. You got it all backwards kiddo.

You dont understand. Blue ray is dvd, but the next generation of DVD. Dvd cant go any farther. No one would pay 50 dollars when they could just buy a 10 dollar cd player.. right? Sorry but your logic is wrong.

The average consumer might not want to bust a nut for a stand alone blue ray player, but they would be more interested in a multimedia station like the PS3 which has a blue ray player, PLUS, gaming capabilities, PLUS open sourced moddability, PLUS picture and music player.. PLUS.. the list goes on.
So you see, 599 isnt a lot. I just spend that on a new guitar. There are HDTVs going for 599. 599 is not as much as you make it seem. I hope your not one of those kids that flips out when he gets 1 dollar.

The reason the PS3's sales are sluggish is due to two factors, neither of them being price. Factor 1. No incentives to buy it RIGHT NOW. There are not a lot of games people want to play on it, therefore why buy a console when theres no games you want to play on it. The consumer is waiting for those reasons to buy a PS3 now instead of later. They will come in the form of games, Home, and potential. Factor 2 is simply Sony's marketing campaign. Sony doesnt seem to really be pushing for PS3 sales at the moment. My guess is they are waiting till those "incentives" aka games, applications and projects are finished so they can market them all at once.

The ball game just started and you are here already saying that the team will lose. Just doesnt make sense kiddo.

Too much to what?

To the 360? To the wii? The 360 ultimately costs more than the PS3. The elite is 500. Elite plus online play = more than the PS3 already, this is not including the other addons people eventually end up buying. This is not 360 hate, its reality.

Monsteroids said:
Monster +
Steroids =
Monsteroids

Just an off the top of my head name. I learned this was a name for a Hanna Barbera carton as well as some other cartoon.
lol or it could be Monster + Hemmorrhoids. WHich is like major STDs. lol

Oh, Shiftfallout, you site isn't working at all(I'm sure you know that).
GamerCon, you just don't remember when he played the little comparison game. So the Wii's got crappy hardware. That doesn't mean it can't prove to be fun to a lot of the normal consumers you uptight, rich, snob!

Man, I just woke up, someone should lose this dumb thread and make a better one on the PS3. *yawn* G'night.
Turning 14 in 5 days. :)

Yeah, the site was just registered. I have yet to upload anything to my hosts and direct the url there.

Back