Reasons why Ness wasn't replaced by Lucas in SSBM...

amirreza

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I was doing a bit of research and I stumbled upon an article stating that Lucas (from Mother 3 on the GBA) was supposed to replace Ness in SSBM. This didn't happen because Mother 3's release date was delayed a few weeks after SSBM's release. And it would be kinda weird to put a character into SSBM if he hasn't even debuted yet. So they decided to keep Ness.

And seeing that Mother 3 is already out, then you can already guess what's going to happen.

Good bye Ness. We hardly knew ya.:lol:

ness will probably be a costume change

but if ness is then how would he have a snake

The creator of Snake literally "begged" Nintendo to put Snake in Melee. But they were too far in development so they decided to put him in Brawl.

amirreza said:
Well, I was doing a bit of research and I stumbled upon an article stating that Lucas (from Mother 3 on the GBA) was supposed to replace Ness in SSBM. This didn't happen because Mother 3's release date was delayed a few weeks after SSBM's release. And it would be kinda weird to put a character into SSBM if he hasn't even debuted yet. So they decided to keep Ness.

And seeing that Mother 3 is already out, then you can already guess what's going to happen.

Good bye Ness. We hardly knew ya.:lol:
I understand your logic, but there is still no guarnatee that Lucas replaced Ness. He could easily be added as another character or if worst comes to worst, and Assist Trophy (I highy doubt that though).

amirreza said:
The creator of Snake literally "begged" Nintendo to put Snake in Melee. But they were too far in development so they decided to put him in Brawl.

im not talking about solid snake

im talking about the snake lucas has
lucas_071108d.jpg

if ness is a costume change how would ness use the snake if its not his

bw! said:
im not talking about solid snake

im talking about the snake lucas has
lucas_071108d.jpg

if ness is a costume change how would ness use the snake if its not his

It's kinda weird because the Snake looks like the same act of Ness's Yoyo but at the same time why would Ness use a Yoyo to grab onto a ledge in less that gets
replaced too when you change costume.

But I believe they are 2 different characters.

AndThen? said:
Please post a link to this article.
Dunno where it is. I read this a long time ago. However this is also mentioned in the SSBM Wiki article.

Ness is totally going to be in Brawl. He is Lucas's counterpart.

Back