recent updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

1liter

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2006
how often should my wii update? I got it on christmas and have only been able to do 1 update. I see threads where people say they update every coupple of days but every time i go to do one it says there are no updates cuz i have the late-est software running. Am i missing somthing?

I just recently got re-connected to the internet after about 2 weeks of not being able to connect or play...i would have expected quite a few by now...

There are not a lot of updates.
Mainly for the new channels such as forecast and news.
Nintendo also sends you a message, informing you of any important update.
So other than checking for updates like once a week or so, you don't need to worry.

so there is absolutly nothing new to update (channels, software of any kind, or new games) since dec 26th?

never have gotten any kind of messages directly from nintendo ever as of yet

Whats this "opera" channel...i havent even seen anything resembling that...

The opera channel is the internet channel. You can download opera via the virtue console in software.

1liter said:
so there is absolutly nothing new to update (channels, software of any kind, or new games) since dec 26th?

never have gotten any kind of messages directly from nintendo ever as of yet

Whats this "opera" channel...i havent even seen anything resembling that...

Opera is the internet browser available on the Wii, through the Wii Shop Channel.
But i ask that you please search the forums before asking a question like this, because it has been talked about dozens (if not hundreds) of times.
If you are connected to the internet, your Wii will update (if there are updates available). There is nothing wrong with your Wii.
Your question(s) have been answered. Anything else not on this topic does not belong here.

ok...i wasent saying anything was wrong with my wii, i was just curious and skeptical that there hadent been ANY updates for anything for 10 days...not trying to cause any troubble.

for the record just so everyone knows i use the search function all the time...and if i cant ever find specific information that im looking for thats when i start a thread. Thanks though for your help and your patiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back