Rechargeable Batteries cant be used with wiimote?

supermandudekid

Wiikender
Apr 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
7954-4237-6337-3848
i was looking in the manual for something on batteries and came across something saying:

Use only alkaline batteries
Do not use: and it lists all the various rechargeable batteries (NIMH) (Lithium)

this is my first post so i hope this hasnt been asked before or that im putting this in the wrong place but has there been any problems with anyone using the rechargable batteries just wondering before i put them in my wiimote that eats up batteries :/

Most people on here will use rechargeable batteries. I think they just said that because they want people to buy batteries for companys to make more money lol.
Seriously, i dont know. But i use them and havent had a problem.

Oh and welcome to Wii-Chat!

It is a fair post, but alot of products that require batteries recommend that you don't use rechargables. I've been using rechargeables in my wiimote since launch, and have had no problems.

Yeah, pretty much every electronic device states that. Its because almost all rechargeable batteries run @ 1.2vdc where as the standard alkaline run @ 1.5vdc, but it never hurts anything. I think I have like 36 NiMh rechargeable batteries and not a one malfunction.

i use em, they last about 7 days, but i have 2 sets of them so im fine =D

~Rival

what kind did you use.. i use panasonic and energizer and mine still works

Duracell Rechargeable AACU

The weird thing is, the remote works fine for making Mii's or choosing games to place. But then it won't work when I am a character on Wii Sports. Haven't tried other discs. I'm assuming this is the rechargeable battery. Has this been a problem for anyone else?

RobSoltan said:
Duracell Rechargeable AACU

The weird thing is, the remote works fine for making Mii's or choosing games to place. But then it won't work when I am a character on Wii Sports. Haven't tried other discs. I'm assuming this is the rechargeable battery. Has this been a problem for anyone else?

Are you serious....you honestly think this has to do with your batteries...

when i started using rechargeable batts, my wii remote ocassionally loses its sound. when this prob occurs, take out the batts, wait for a couple minute and then put on the batts and the wii remote should be fine. i tried that but still my wii remote loses its sound. i dunno if this prob is caused by the rechargeable batts or not. i hope nintendo can fix it..

nitestalk8 said:
when i started using rechargeable batts, my wii remote ocassionally loses its sound. when this prob occurs, take out the batts, wait for a couple minute and then put on the batts and the wii remote should be fine. i tried that but still my wii remote loses its sound. i dunno if this prob is caused by the rechargeable batts or not. i hope nintendo can fix it..

Perhaps you should test with non rechargeable batteries before posting the story...

Oops...I definately missed that part in the manual. What type of batteries are the NYKO Rechargables?

Back