Rechargeables suddenly stop working

hambone5

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2008
We've had our WII since Christmas and everything has worked fine. Yesterday my youngest is heartbroken because suddently neither controller works. I believe they charged up over night and still nothing. Suggestions?

I have had my Wi since July. Both of my Wiimotes have the rechargable batteries too, but I have had no problems with mine.

Maybe try calling or writing to Nintendo about the situation.

it's very likely the problem is this:

Trying to sync a Remote to your Wii? :yesnod:

Do this on the Wii's channel screen or shortly after launching the game. It may not work if you are into the game's sub menus.
  • For the first time:
    • open the small Flash Drive door on front of the Wii.
    • remove the battery cover on the back of the remote.
    • hit the red button found inside the Wii's door then the red button on inside the Remotes battery compartment.
    • watch blue flashing lights on Remote.
  • Temp synch or rotating remotes?
    • simply hit the home button on a remote
    • point to Remote Menu at the bottom of the screen
      • it highlights blue when you point to it
    • click on reconnect remotes
    • follow onscreen instructions
helpful? :yesnod:

Sounds like cheap rechargeable batteries to me.

As has been suggested: try regular non-rechargeable alkaline AA batteries first. Then, if that works and you're going to go the rechargeable route, get quality rechargeables with a quality charger. Cheaper != better.

i think your problem is syncing the remotes... but here is a great batt solution :yesnod:

Read about my awesome rechargeable battery solution.:yesnod:

After Shipping: 2 batteries cost $16 / 4 batteries cost $30

These batteries. Here is what makes this rechargeable battery solution 10 times better than CHARGING STATIONS:
  • Pros:
    • Cheapest!
    • Less bulk and clutter!
      • i.e. no charging station, disassembled Remotes or loose batteries.
    • Batteries will always be charged
      • no one has the chore of disassembling each Remote
      • no one has the chore of removing the Jackets so the Remotesfit into a Charging Station
    • Remote Jacket NEVER needs removed.
      • I cut a small hole on the Jacket for the charging cable to poke through.
    • NO AC ADAPTER... batteries get power from Wii's USB ports even when the Wii is in standby mode.
      • Have you read that 3rd party charging stations have ruined Remotes? It won't happen with USB-powered charging solutions because the there is no high powered AC adapter to contribute to over-voltage
  • Cons:
    • I have found no cons.. other than people wish it were in their local store instead of onlie.
nintendo-wii-battery-1719.jpg

idjut, I know you spam these boards all the time with that product ;) but seriously.... 1800mAh? That's pathetic. Even cheap AA rechargeables offer much more capacity than that.

And it doesn't say whether they're NiCad or NiMH. Which makes me fear they're NiCad since the price is so low. Which means that they'll suffer from the "memory effect" and lose even more capacity very quickly.

Good idea, but horrible implementation. I wouldn't touch those.

they're working great for me... it's about all the other conveniences, not specs

you're pretty techie and it's justified that you would prefer different :yesnod:

idjut said:
they're working great for me... it's about all the other conveniences, not specs
Well, if they die early and have to be replaced 5 times in the same lifetime as a better set that cost only twice as much, then it's very much about the specs. Because you're losing money.

Also, more mAh means they run a lot longer before having to be recharged.

It's like saying all tires are equal because they're round.

Foosoo said:
That's better. Sorry to be so off topic here, but did you know FRuMMaGe has been banned idjut? I wonder what for.
cause he's not THAT ONE wiichat member that's exempt from spamming...

Last edited:
Back