Recieved my Guitar Hero 3 Disc Replacement Form

I GOT THE REPLACEMENT DISC TODAY! :) Off to try it out now. The disc looks the same, the only difference is that along the bottom of the replacement disc it says "RVL-RGHE-USA-02". The original disc says "RVL-RGHE-USA-01"

Quick question - if I see a GHIII for Wii in a gamestop or Best Buy or any other store - does it still have this defect? Or have the new versions with no problems hit stores?

gnahc79 said:
I GOT THE REPLACEMENT DISC TODAY! :) Off to try it out now. The disc looks the same, the only difference is that along the bottom of the replacement disc it says "RVL-RGHE-USA-02". The original disc says "RVL-RGHE-USA-01"

So your turnaround time for mailing your old disc back and receiving the corrected one was 10 days. Not too bad! How does it sound now? :cool:

Just an update: I'm getting the replacement disc too! (For real this time :D not another mailer) Can't wait, was sent yesterday

goheat said:
So your turnaround time for mailing your old disc back and receiving the corrected one was 10 days. Not too bad! How does it sound now? :cool:

It sounds complete now on my 5.1 setup with Energy Connoisseur speakers. Before the songs didn't 'fill' the living room like it should. Now it sounds MUCH better! I haven't tried the multi-player yet, but it should be easier to discern who's playing their notes correctly now.

gnahc79 said:
It sounds complete now on my 5.1 setup with Energy Connoisseur speakers. Before the songs didn't 'fill' the living room like it should. Now it sounds MUCH better! I haven't tried the multi-player yet, but it should be easier to discern who's playing their notes correctly now.

Excellent, thanks! I hope to get my replacement within a couple weeks...

Received my replacement disc today. It does sound better, but there's a big problem - my whammy bar does not work anymore :wtf: I even tried re-calibrating the whammy bar and it did not help.

spcmanspif said:
Received my replacement disc today. It does sound better, but there's a big problem - my whammy bar does not work anymore :wtf: I even tried re-calibrating the whammy bar and it did not help.

Be sure the guitar is face-up when you power on the Wii. There have been some people that had whammy bar issues when the guitar is face down (whammy bar is engaged) and powering on the Wii.

Finally just got my mail it back in package today :mad5:
Took long enough.
I'm glad to see people are getting the good discs already!
Its going in the mail tomorrow morning... see how long it takes.... better not be 3-4 F'n weeks like the lame package says.

Just got mine today in the mail. Filling it out now will send it out Monday aswell.

Didn't see it posted but it says you only have untill August 31, 2008 to return the disk. Anything later will not be replaced!

I havent heard any word on if they are selling the game in 5.1 yet, i bought mine in January after the "updated stock" came in and it was still mono based on disk number.

I persoanlly doubt they are replaced yet because the amount it would cost to replace the current stock of Mono disk as opposed to the amount of people that will acctually want it replaced probably cost wise wouldn't be a good move. They will make any new games in 5.1 for sure, but you wont see them untill the old games "mono" are all sold.

For those who got their new discs, you're right! The sound does feel more 'fuller'. My subwoofer sounds fuller and louder. pretty sweet.

**INSERT SINISTER MUSIC HERE**

Crash's Diary:

Day 3 without Guitar Hero. I must admit the addiction was far greater than I had thought. There are days I pick up the guitar, just to remember I have no disc. I then play the intro to Welcome to the Jungle.. on medium.. acoustic.

Will this trying 3 weeks of no GH be worth a full, dolby stereo sound. I think so. In the meantime, I must find ways to fill the void that is. Thus beings my journey to get to pro status on every Wii Sports game.

hahahaha!! :lol:

Hmm, I sent my faulty, mono disc in via Priority Mail and it was delivered to them on 2/28. Still no change in status on their site, and no new disc. Like you, I'm in withdrawal. :scared:

Anyone else get their new GHIII disc in the last couple of days?

Back