Recieved my Guitar Hero 3 Disc Replacement Form

I mailed mine on 3/3. Hopefully it's coming back soon. Unfortunately, SSBB isn't coming until Friday so I'm having quite the withdrawal right now....

TheDave said:
Finally just got my mail it back in package today :mad5:
Took long enough.
I'm glad to see people are getting the good discs already!
Its going in the mail tomorrow morning... see how long it takes.... better not be 3-4 F'n weeks like the lame package says.

I mailed mine back in on 3-1, a couple days ago (on about 3-11), their exchange website was updated for me, and it now says "processing".

It had better change to "mailed" real soon. I really need the new disc for next weekend (21st), as I am driving (4 hours) to my friends house for the weekend. He has an amazing stereo, and I would like to really like to test it out his stereo.

My stereo is a full 5.1 setup, but nothing near as good as my friends :D

Until then, my 2nd copy is getting me by for now...

TheDave said:
I mailed mine back in on 3-1, a couple days ago (on about 3-11), their exchange website was updated for me, and it now says "processing".

It had better change to "mailed" real soon. I really need the new disc for next weekend (21st), as I am driving (4 hours) to my friends house for the weekend. He has an amazing stereo, and I would like to really like to test it out his stereo.

My stereo is a full 5.1 setup, but nothing near as good as my friends :D

Until then, my 2nd copy is getting me by for now...

Checked again today, and it says my replacement disc was mailed on 3-13.

This is great news for me! Since I am in socal, and the bad disc just went to AZ, hopefully the disc comes back from there, and I get it in the next day or two.

goheat said:
Hmm, I sent my faulty, mono disc in via Priority Mail and it was delivered to them on 2/28. Still no change in status on their site, and no new disc. Like you, I'm in withdrawal. :scared:

Anyone else get their new GHIII disc in the last couple of days?

Finally, it appears they've acknowledged receiving my old disc. A new status says:

Promotion Guitar Hero III for Wii Disc Replacement
Rebate Number 101843
Promotion Type Premium
Submission ID 101XXXXXX
Status We have received your submission and it is being processed. Submission status information is updated daily. Please continue to check this website to find the mail date for your submission.

Hopefully that will change to "item mailed" early this week! :crazy:

TheDave said:
Checked again today, and it says my replacement disc was mailed on 3-13.

This is great news for me! Since I am in socal, and the bad disc just went to AZ, hopefully the disc comes back from there, and I get it in the next day or two.

Just to follow up for those paying attention, I did receive my replacement GH III disc yesterday on March 15th!

So I had mailed my bad disc on 3/1, and got the good one back on 3/15. A two week turn-around time.
Not to bad for craptivision. Now if they would just get competent people doing QA in the 1st place :D

Anyways, the game does sound SIGNIFICANTLY better, especially on my 5.1 system! Defiantly worth getting the new disc!

TheDave said:
Just to follow up for those paying attention, I did receive my replacement GH III disc yesterday on March 15th!

So I had mailed my bad disc on 3/1, and got the good one back on 3/15. A two week turn-around time.
Not to bad for craptivision. Now if they would just get competent people doing QA in the 1st place :D

Anyways, the game does sound SIGNIFICANTLY better, especially on my 5.1 system! Defiantly worth getting the new disc!

Thanks for the update. I'm sending mine out today, I hope I get mine back in 2 weeks too!

Just more info.
I snapped a picture of a release day disc next to the replacement disc. And there is almost ZERO difference between the two. The only difference, as people have said, is a small #2 next to one of the id number/letters at the bottom of the disc, which is blown up in my picture below.

The picture is a little large to put in the thread here so if you wanna see it, click on the link:
http://hellalame.com/tmp/gh3/gh3_wii_disc.jpg

TheDave said:
Just more info.
I snapped a picture of a release day disc next to the replacement disc. And there is almost ZERO difference between the two. The only difference, as people have said, is a small #2 next to one of the id number/letters at the bottom of the disc, which is blown up in my picture below.

The picture is a little large to put in the thread here so if you wanna see it, click on the link:

Lol, there shouldn't be any difference. It's not like they came with new content or anything in the new disc, only a sound fix.

TheDave said:
Just more info.

From your pics, it appears there is also a star above the Activision logo on the replacement disc!

It's been 2 weeks now. I JUST got an email today saying they received the disc. Looks like it's going to be a lot longer than I expected. The status on the website changed today also.

Just got mine back today. I sent it out late but still it was 12 days from Michigan to Arizona and back. Not bad turn around. Probably depends on how many copies they are getting in at any one time.

You know they are paying one 14 year old kid minimum wage to work after school. Right now he is sitting in a room packed full of old and new games trying to sort it all out.. ha ha j/k

cRaSh115 said:
It's been 2 weeks now. I JUST got an email today saying they received the disc. Looks like it's going to be a lot longer than I expected. The status on the website changed today also.

wezeles said:
Just got mine back today. I sent it out late but still it was 12 days from Michigan to Arizona and back. Not bad turn around. Probably depends on how many copies they are getting in at any one time.

You know they are paying one 14 year old kid minimum wage to work after school. Right now he is sitting in a room packed full of old and new games trying to sort it all out.. ha ha j/k

It would be nice if they actually processed them in the order received, but I really can envision, like wezeles, that they have some unorganized setup with piles of discs sitting all around one poor schlump who is working feverishly trying to get them processed. Jeez, it really shouldn't take more than 2-3 days from the day they get it to mail out the replacement. :mad5:

For sure, with todays technology it should take no longer than one day processing and the rest mailing. for the most part anyplace in the USA even standard ground takes 3 days so a 7-8 buisness day turn around should be more than enough time.

Although who knows how long it takes for them to check each disk. I'm sure more than one goober has tryed sending in a DVD-R with a GH3 label on it.
Still have one person unpack mailers and log the info, then one person check the disk and one person pack the new disk and finnish processing.
Right now might be the rush time for it though. Everyone who wants a replacement is getting the mailers now. Everyone else doesn't care.

Whew, now my status finally says that Activision mailed my replacement disc on 3-19-2008. I hope it gets here by tomorrow for the weekend!

Back