Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
EDIT 2: revived an old (very old) thread instead of making a new one

EDIT:
It HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED HELL YEAH
:UNEDIT

Although we have had no "official" confirmation (but we know there will be one) Ubisoft have not denied a Sequel, they have said

(these are not exact quotes i cant find the page i read them off so here is the gist of what they said)

if we did make a sequel we would work on the sword fighting controls

if a sequel was to occur Online would be a function we would implement

we have n o comments to make on a red steel 2

if you noticed not one of them say, there are no current plans to make a sequel.

anyway, i was just wondering if one was to (and it will) will you be getting it?
did you enjoy the first one? if yes or no why?

i will definatly be getting it, because i loved the first one and sure with better sword fights and online the second would be a must buy (for me anyway)

Last edited:
i would only buy a redsteel 2 if the following were to occur:

- The sword was mimicked perfectly by the wii remote at a 1:1 raation, like whereever the remote moves so does the sword, perfectly (lik the bat in wii sports baseball)

- More Gun, better controls and an online mode with alot of maps. AND sword fights in the multiplayer mode.

If they dont have that, then i wont touch it, redsteel was a let down for me, thankfully there are alot of better FPS' coming.

I agree red steel was a let down but for me i looked past all the downs and got on with the ups, i dont think it was a great as i hoped but i think it was better than most people say,

I enjoyed Red Steel, I think people were far too critical and looking for things wrong with it. If you just sat down and played it, it was overall a great and really fun game. Online support would be great on that game too, imagine deathmatches with sword fights and such across the internet? SicK!

LoVeWiI said:
lol if it had online that would be crazy but i dont think its possible..

oh it's quite possible.., and would probably be necessary to ensure successful sales of a sequel to a game that wasn't rated too well.

Indeed. They'd have to come up with something to prove that there online is better than say: Battalion wars or medal of honor: heroes 2

I dont think I'd buy it. It was a nice game but only because it was the only fps on the wii at that time.

For controls they should just mimic what metroid did, I haven't played it but it seems to be getting good feedback. As for swords they should make it more in depth, maybe not 100% responsive, but more than just 3 preprogrammed slashes, maybe like 10. Add a few other improvements like some new guns and a lengthier campaign, more maps in multiplayer, and more modes, and this is a definite buy because I need a good multiplayer fps.

A while ago, there was a job posting for a Red Steel project. Applicants must have experience programming for online, and also capable of programming RPG elements.

I'd say it's not a question of "if", but "when".

Personally, despite it's faults, I really enjoyed Red Steel. Especially the multiplayer, although there wasn't enough selection of guns, characters or levels.

And I didn't like the Halo-esk features like regenerating health and such.

Squall7 said:
A while ago, there was a job posting for a Red Steel project. Applicants must have experience programming for online, and also capable of programming RPG elements.

I'd say it's not a question of "if", but "when".

Personally, despite it's faults, I really enjoyed Red Steel. Especially the multiplayer, although there wasn't enough selection of guns, characters or levels.

And I didn't like the Halo-esk features like regenerating health and such.

Yeah.....i never liked that.....what happened to the old fashion way.....when u have to find the medical supply to get health

and more usage of the katana

Sword play was what I was hinting at with my post lol....

Well I like the regen of health and shield. It speeds up gameplay a lot!

i would prefer better use of the katana not more, unless of course it was better. other than that basically the things people want is what i want

more weapons
way more multiplayer maps
better swordplay

cyberzomby said:
Well I like the regen of health and shield. It speeds up gameplay a lot!
I find it detracts from the realism.

It also means you don't improve your game, you just hide until your health goes back up. Also why do it with the guns and not the swordplay? It wouldn't make sense logically.

i like it because it makes it easier,
but i dislike it because its unrealitic,
i think there should be a option between the two
or even more like halo,

where only your shield regenerates not your health

Back