Red Steel Headed For an M Rating?

YAY!!! someone else in this forum understands the power hungry, stupid polliticians as much as i do!! ... f hilary clinton ...

and yes, the internet is MUCH worse than any video game ... why doesnt anyone do anything about that before going after the gaming market? :tard:

anyway .. i think we are getting off topic ...

Yeah, back on topic. I hope Red Steel is rated T, even though I'll be turning 18 in September, so everyone who is too young can play it because a)I don't think they're going to keep the nudity b)from the trailers I've seen, it doesn't look that violent, so it shouldn't be rated M and c)it sounds like it's going to have a good story, multiplayer (which would make it the only Wii FPS with multiplayer) and will probably be innovative and a lot of fun.

Come on, Ubisoft; keep it together.

I wouldn't mind Red Steel getting a mature age rating. One of the things the Gamecube lacked was some decent "adult" games, and hopefully they won't make the same mistake again with the Wii. By "adult", I don't simply mean sticking in tons of sex and violence, but rather being grittier and having a more mature atmosphere. It's the same with films- I can't stand films which just have sex, explosions and car chases all the time, but most of my favourite films are rated 15 and 18.

Problem is if they do go down the mature root we'll probably end up with another tabloid frenzy especially with you having more control with the Wiimote and all. (Headline: BAN THIS SICK FILTH! Article: written by someone who has obviously never played the game and has tried to gather what the game is about by looking on the back of the box. Picture: a shot of game with not much happening, but a caption below reading "a sick scene from the game")

I'm a fully grown adult, and I'm quite mature enough to enjoy a film, song, or game without being influenced by it. If I don't like the subject matter, then I am quite capable of not buying it. I don't need government approval to help me decide what's right for me.

in England I guess it would be ranked a 15 or somthing because here we don't have mature ratings and ****

Wow, some long posts '_'. But good points, as "lucky" as I am, i'm only 14. So they betta keep it teen! Plus I don't know any M gamers that would reject a great looking like Red Steel just cuz it's T, but I do know alot of Mom's that will reject M games for T gamers. It would just make more sense, right?

ssbb_lover said:
Wow, some long posts '_'. But good points, as "lucky" as I am, i'm only 14. So they betta keep it teen! Plus I don't know any M gamers that would reject a great looking like Red Steel just cuz it's T, but I do know alot of Mom's that will reject M games for T gamers. It would just make more sense, right?

Not necessarily. I've known loads of kids whose parents buy them 18 rated games, so I doubt a higher age rating will affect sales much. In fact, it'll probably sell more.

i think people are being quite immature about seeing tits in a game, god we are mostly adults (im not im 14) i dont think people should be so concerned about that its just a game :tard:

Well first off, it's Concept Art! This isnt an in game screen shot or anything. If they are going for accurate portreyal of the Japanese underworld, then why shouldnt there be breasts in it? I mean if they acted like 12 year olds making video games and made them huge and bouncing all in your face, thats one thing. But I doubt that is what they would be going for. Honestly, I dont think it should even be an issue. If they want to make it M then go ahead. Hell, even if it was AO that would be fine. As long as it was a great game. I figure that its about time that nudity in video games no longer be looked down upon so much. As long as the rating is appropriate, why the contravoursey? They have nudity in movies, in which a lot is dis-tastefule but a lot still appropriate and accurate for the story so then why not in a game. I figure that there are going to be M rated games for the Wii, why not make some of them good, like Red Steel.

Last edited:
Im for the strip club in the game, I want the game to be true to what it is suposed to be about. This stuff would be part of red steel. Also what is worse stabbing and shooting people or strippers? lol think about it...
I don't really care if it is mature or not, I think it would help nintendo though... Most people that don't like nintendo say it is kiddy... If nintendo had some more games as mature it would be beter for nintendo.
I don't care what the rating is, i just want to play games nd have fun...

Pfff, u can say! It doesn't matter for u guys...:(
motherbrainrulez said:
i think people are being quite immature about seeing tits in a game, god we are mostly adults (im not im 14) i dont think people should be so concerned about that its just a game
I agree, i may be 14 too but I really don't care, i'm not gonna freak out. And those who do freak out about it r immature and shouldn't get the game. I know this has already been said, i'm just reinforcing it.

DragonM3D said:
Well first off, it's Concept Art! This isnt an in game screen shot or anything.
That's wut I keep having to tell ppl! This isn't going to be in the game for sure, it's just concept art! I've said this in like 3 or 4 threads...

I didn't know it was headed there. I thought it was already there to begin with. If it was rated M then that would attract people who think only M rated games are decent.

But teens(like me and there's alot of us)won't be able to get it cuz' of the rating.

ssbb_lover said:
But teens(like me and there's alot of us)won't be able to get it cuz' of the rating.
Mwahahaha sucks to be you. I'm 17 and can buy any M rated games...;) but i think if they stress to much on blood and gore the game wont be as good. so T is good for me:D

Back