Red Steel is awesome so I must make first post

wiifan1975

Since NES
Dec 31, 2006
blueradio said:
I heard this game finishes quickly and has bad control.

First post and only because blueradio got my attention.

I've been playing this game since the day after christmas. I've played a lot of games and this has been a complete pleasure to play. I can not understand for the life of me what it is about the controls that people complain about? Bad controls? It made perfect since to me. And with the first level and any new additions, it give you a simple set of instructions to do the maneuvers. A lot of complaints are about the sword swinging and that it isn't real. Has any game given you real controls? Ever? Swinging in four simple directions is a hell of a lot better than moving the control stick and pushing buttons. Pointing at the screen and pulling the trigger is a hell of a lot more fun than moving the control stick and pushing a button. If this game is simple, it still is a huge improvement over past controls and methods of playing a game. If someone can complain that this isn't real, then go buy a sword and leave your house. This is an incredible game. To be able to sit on my couch and play a first-person game this way is still an amazement to me. Nintendo is incredible with what they created and Ubisoft is equally incredible to create a game that takes those controls and uses them in the most interesting ways.

I don't know how long it will take me to finish this game, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I play maybe a couple of hours a day at most and while sqeezing in the Rayman Raving Rabbids into my time, this Red Steel game is still just as addictive to me. When I get started, I still have a hard time turning it off. I'll even leave it paused until I can get back to it the next day when I get busy or go to sleep because it's so late.

If you live in your house and just play games, then any game may be fairly quick but just because it is finished quickly doesn't have any reflection on it's quality. I'm looking forward to unwrapping my Zelda but I know I'll spend a long time getting through it. But it will be good and I know it will. And Red Steel may be a commercial in comparison when discussing length of game play, but it still is an incredible game and a lot of fun.

Being a Nintendo fan since the original NES, I have grown to be upset at times when all these great games were hitting all the other platforms and nothing was coming to the GameCube in comparison. I still have an incredible GC library and have enjoyed all the games on that, but the developer support for it just wasn't great. Don't you ever think that part of the reason is because every complaint just fuels the madness that a fun game sucks and shouldn't have been made at all. To many comparisons to Zelda and not enough emphasis on just the fun of it alone.

I can't wait for the next Red Steel game to come and I'll enjoy everything about my Wii. And if this doesn't help and people still think that the controls are hard or something, then they should just :mad2: because you've got to be this slow :drool: . My rant is done.

Love the forums here and the discussions and look forward to more reading. Thanks Wiichat.com for a great website. :thumbsup:

Well at the end of the day, I guess we all have our own tastes and preferences. Someone might love something but others might not. I'm glad you found something that you really have a passion for. :)

P.S Welcome to the forums!

good post, i loved red steel too... i looked forward to coming home, grabbing a beer, and firing up the wii to play red steel for a couple of hours in the evenings untill i completed it, and im still going back to it.

I hope they make a sequel.. if its worthy ill definitly not hesitate to pick it up.

Aye, I got my Wii ( plus 5 games, an extra wiimote/nunchuk, classic controller, wii points card, and guidebooks to two of the games I have on my Wii) for my birthday. And the first game I put in was Red Steel. I was instantly addicted to the sheer bad-ass storyline and immersive controls mixed in with some crazy action packed content. I got about 55% through the game and my disk went defect. :(

Yes. I just got it and although i found the controls a bit unweildly, I got used to them in about 10 minutes.

The game itself is great fun.!

Kherrek508, you mention defect and I've read a few forum posts regarding this. I went and bought an SD card and started backing up after each session of gaming with any game (got sidetracked to Raving Rabbids but now that I'm through with all the stuff on that, it's time to go back to Red Steel and finish that). I back up out of worry of this crash I hear about. Haven't seen it yet but I'm ready for it. Sorry to hear about that happening to you.

And it's nice to hear that others are handling the controls so easily. I knew I wasn't a born ninja/gunslinger. How can this be so difficult? Just can't understand that complaint at all. Thanks for supporting this game because I'm pumped about a sequel. And who would make one if all they think is that people hate the original. I'm glad to support any good effort at a great game.

i rented red steel and i loved it but i dont have enough money now to buy it xD

I agree with you guys, I think they aimed way to hard to kill red steel, Matter of fact I thought the game was "Great" (still playing it) I can turn fast..I guess from old Cs and HL days sniff sniff.

wiifan1975 said:
First post and only because blueradio got my attention.

I've been playing this game since the day after christmas. I've played a lot of games and this has been a complete pleasure to play. I can not understand for the life of me what it is about the controls that people complain about? Bad controls? It made perfect since to me. And with the first level and any new additions, it give you a simple set of instructions to do the maneuvers. A lot of complaints are about the sword swinging and that it isn't real. Has any game given you real controls? Ever? Swinging in four simple directions is a hell of a lot better than moving the control stick and pushing buttons. Pointing at the screen and pulling the trigger is a hell of a lot more fun than moving the control stick and pushing a button. If this game is simple, it still is a huge improvement over past controls and methods of playing a game. If someone can complain that this isn't real, then go buy a sword and leave your house. This is an incredible game. To be able to sit on my couch and play a first-person game this way is still an amazement to me. Nintendo is incredible with what they created and Ubisoft is equally incredible to create a game that takes those controls and uses them in the most interesting ways.

I don't know how long it will take me to finish this game, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I play maybe a couple of hours a day at most and while sqeezing in the Rayman Raving Rabbids into my time, this Red Steel game is still just as addictive to me. When I get started, I still have a hard time turning it off. I'll even leave it paused until I can get back to it the next day when I get busy or go to sleep because it's so late.

If you live in your house and just play games, then any game may be fairly quick but just because it is finished quickly doesn't have any reflection on it's quality. I'm looking forward to unwrapping my Zelda but I know I'll spend a long time getting through it. But it will be good and I know it will. And Red Steel may be a commercial in comparison when discussing length of game play, but it still is an incredible game and a lot of fun.

Being a Nintendo fan since the original NES, I have grown to be upset at times when all these great games were hitting all the other platforms and nothing was coming to the GameCube in comparison. I still have an incredible GC library and have enjoyed all the games on that, but the developer support for it just wasn't great. Don't you ever think that part of the reason is because every complaint just fuels the madness that a fun game sucks and shouldn't have been made at all. To many comparisons to Zelda and not enough emphasis on just the fun of it alone.

I can't wait for the next Red Steel game to come and I'll enjoy everything about my Wii. And if this doesn't help and people still think that the controls are hard or something, then they should just :mad2: because you've got to be this slow :drool: . My rant is done.

Love the forums here and the discussions and look forward to more reading. Thanks Wiichat.com for a great website. :thumbsup:

congratulations you pushedthe final button I AM OFFICALLY GETTING RED STEEL! AS MY SECOND NINTENDO WII GAME!!!!!!! WOOT! :D :D :D

Awesome, you won't regret it. That is of course if you have the same satisfaction of gameplay that we seem to have. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know.

Wiitendo said:
congratulations you pushedthe final button I AM OFFICALLY GETTING RED STEEL! AS MY SECOND NINTENDO WII GAME!!!!!!! WOOT! :D :D :D
Congratulations from myself aswell to wiifan1975. I just bought Red Steel thanks to your post and others. I cant wait to play it :D

Back