Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Red Steel is awesome so I must make first post

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by wiifan1975, Jan 14, 2007.

1. wiifan1975

wiifan1975 Since NES

First post and only because blueradio got my attention.

I've been playing this game since the day after christmas. I've played a lot of games and this has been a complete pleasure to play. I can not understand for the life of me what it is about the controls that people complain about? Bad controls? It made perfect since to me. And with the first level and any new additions, it give you a simple set of instructions to do the maneuvers. A lot of complaints are about the sword swinging and that it isn't real. Has any game given you real controls? Ever? Swinging in four simple directions is a hell of a lot better than moving the control stick and pushing buttons. Pointing at the screen and pulling the trigger is a hell of a lot more fun than moving the control stick and pushing a button. If this game is simple, it still is a huge improvement over past controls and methods of playing a game. If someone can complain that this isn't real, then go buy a sword and leave your house. This is an incredible game. To be able to sit on my couch and play a first-person game this way is still an amazement to me. Nintendo is incredible with what they created and Ubisoft is equally incredible to create a game that takes those controls and uses them in the most interesting ways.

I don't know how long it will take me to finish this game, but I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I play maybe a couple of hours a day at most and while sqeezing in the Rayman Raving Rabbids into my time, this Red Steel game is still just as addictive to me. When I get started, I still have a hard time turning it off. I'll even leave it paused until I can get back to it the next day when I get busy or go to sleep because it's so late.

If you live in your house and just play games, then any game may be fairly quick but just because it is finished quickly doesn't have any reflection on it's quality. I'm looking forward to unwrapping my Zelda but I know I'll spend a long time getting through it. But it will be good and I know it will. And Red Steel may be a commercial in comparison when discussing length of game play, but it still is an incredible game and a lot of fun.

Being a Nintendo fan since the original NES, I have grown to be upset at times when all these great games were hitting all the other platforms and nothing was coming to the GameCube in comparison. I still have an incredible GC library and have enjoyed all the games on that, but the developer support for it just wasn't great. Don't you ever think that part of the reason is because every complaint just fuels the madness that a fun game sucks and shouldn't have been made at all. To many comparisons to Zelda and not enough emphasis on just the fun of it alone.

I can't wait for the next Red Steel game to come and I'll enjoy everything about my Wii. And if this doesn't help and people still think that the controls are hard or something, then they should just :mad2: because you've got to be this slow :drool: . My rant is done.

Love the forums here and the discussions and look forward to more reading. Thanks Wiichat.com for a great website. :thumbsup:

2. Riviet

Riviet WiiChat Veteran

Wii Friend Code: 3388-6355-5969-8398
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    Well at the end of the day, I guess we all have our own tastes and preferences. Someone might love something but others might not. I'm glad you found something that you really have a passion for. :)

P.S Welcome to the forums!

3. imae

imae yeah.

Wii Friend Code: 7201-6951-4346-4914
    7201-6951-4346-4914
    good post, i loved red steel too... i looked forward to coming home, grabbing a beer, and firing up the wii to play red steel for a couple of hours in the evenings untill i completed it, and im still going back to it.

I hope they make a sequel.. if its worthy ill definitly not hesitate to pick it up.

4. Kherrek508

Kherrek508 Sleeping. Do not disturb.

Wii Friend Code: 0215-4972-1267-8022
    0215-4972-1267-8022
    Aye, I got my Wii ( plus 5 games, an extra wiimote/nunchuk, classic controller, wii points card, and guidebooks to two of the games I have on my Wii) for my birthday. And the first game I put in was Red Steel. I was instantly addicted to the sheer bad-ass storyline and immersive controls mixed in with some crazy action packed content. I got about 55% through the game and my disk went defect. :(

5. rindulus007

rindulus007 WiiChat Member

Yes. I just got it and although i found the controls a bit unweildly, I got used to them in about 10 minutes.

The game itself is great fun.!

6. rich-69-50

rich-69-50 triforce worshipper

yeah, it doesnt take as long as the reviews say to get used to the controls - or maybe the critics are really bad gamers:lol: :lol:

7. wiifan1975

wiifan1975 Since NES

Kherrek508, you mention defect and I've read a few forum posts regarding this. I went and bought an SD card and started backing up after each session of gaming with any game (got sidetracked to Raving Rabbids but now that I'm through with all the stuff on that, it's time to go back to Red Steel and finish that). I back up out of worry of this crash I hear about. Haven't seen it yet but I'm ready for it. Sorry to hear about that happening to you.

And it's nice to hear that others are handling the controls so easily. I knew I wasn't a born ninja/gunslinger. How can this be so difficult? Just can't understand that complaint at all. Thanks for supporting this game because I'm pumped about a sequel. And who would make one if all they think is that people hate the original. I'm glad to support any good effort at a great game.

8. Icetrash

Icetrash King K.Rool

Wii Friend Code: 4727-8101-2072-3014
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Someones rubbish is another mans treasure.

9. rich-69-50

rich-69-50 triforce worshipper

true, true...

10. kyr

kyr sony hater

Wii Friend Code: 7025-8329-0929-5529
    7025-8329-0929-5529
    i rented red steel and i loved it but i dont have enough money now to buy it xD

11. hyde

hyde O.o

Wii Friend Code: 0153-8778-5368-6652
    0153-8778-5368-6652
    I agree with you guys, I think they aimed way to hard to kill red steel, Matter of fact I thought the game was "Great" (still playing it) I can turn fast..I guess from old Cs and HL days sniff sniff.

12. Wiitendo

Wiitendo Banned

congratulations you pushedthe final button I AM OFFICALLY GETTING RED STEEL! AS MY SECOND NINTENDO WII GAME!!!!!!! WOOT! :D :D :D

13. wiifan1975

wiifan1975 Since NES

Awesome, you won't regret it. That is of course if you have the same satisfaction of gameplay that we seem to have. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know.

14. ....wiiiiiii.....

....wiiiiiii..... WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5312-7293-3513-9932
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    personaaly i love farcry way more than red steel

15. Oceanic

Oceanic The Cake is a Lie

Congratulations from myself aswell to wiifan1975. I just bought Red Steel thanks to your post and others. I cant wait to play it :D

16. Rolex

Rolex Moody Loner

Wii Friend Code: 6825-6610-9310-1313
    6825-6610-9310-1313
    Wiifan1975,

Well said mate - I've read more reviews regarding the controls than god knows what else!?! The controls; whilst not 100% bug free; are immersive, being able to pinpoint aim and blowing someones head and/or nuts off is just sweet.

Reviewers on the whole (pro and amateur) seem to think that the controls are poor - jesus what do these people want from a game - 200 Japanese assassins to invite them on a sword swinging holiday to LA and Japan..."only for the weekend tho as my mum want's me back in time for Sunday lunch!!"

The game is the second most immersive out of all the launch titles I've procured (sports won't be bettered this week anyway)...Ubisoft crack on, Rayman's pretty fun but RS is way more atmospheric and actually more fun..

Ubisoft have not tacked the controls or storyline on for the Wii - it IS a Wii game and if a few more companies think like this then carry on.

17. Samjeeb

Samjeeb WiiChat Member

I was well looking forward to this game but the bad reviews put me off completly. now im having doubts to whether i shud have listened to those reviews in the first place. Shame no where near me are renting Wii games as of yet....cause once they do ill be sure to check this out

18. WiiZero

WiiZero Game Wiizard

Wii Friend Code: 5435-9829-5121-8955
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Hey don't drink and Wii

JK

I am at 52% and the disc stops there damn well I'm exchanging it tomorrow hopefully beat it before I go to my dads next weekend

19. Yellow_Wii

Yellow_Wii wii owner since release

i'm about 36% through at the moment, but i havnt been playing on it because of zelda ( which is now completed )

so now i can focus on red steel, i'm at the part where you have to kill this women with a sword in a club

i'm really having trouble breaking her sword because she just does spin moves i cant block, so i could see myself on this for a while ....

20. wiifan1975

wiifan1975 Since NES

If there was hesitation about quality of the game vs. price, then now would be a good time to try it. I've been hearing that the game is going down in price to $29.99. I'm just anxious for the sequel. But I'll be honest; as crazy as I am about this game, I have yet to finish it. I hope to finish soon so I can get to the Call of Duty game that's collecting dust. LOL