Red Steel is awesome so I must make first post

Wiifan1975,

Well said mate - I've read more reviews regarding the controls than god knows what else!?! The controls; whilst not 100% bug free; are immersive, being able to pinpoint aim and blowing someones head and/or nuts off is just sweet.

Reviewers on the whole (pro and amateur) seem to think that the controls are poor - jesus what do these people want from a game - 200 Japanese assassins to invite them on a sword swinging holiday to LA and Japan..."only for the weekend tho as my mum want's me back in time for Sunday lunch!!"

The game is the second most immersive out of all the launch titles I've procured (sports won't be bettered this week anyway)...Ubisoft crack on, Rayman's pretty fun but RS is way more atmospheric and actually more fun..

Ubisoft have not tacked the controls or storyline on for the Wii - it IS a Wii game and if a few more companies think like this then carry on.

I was well looking forward to this game but the bad reviews put me off completly. now im having doubts to whether i shud have listened to those reviews in the first place. Shame no where near me are renting Wii games as of yet....cause once they do ill be sure to check this out

imae said:
good post, i loved red steel too... i looked forward to coming home, grabbing a beer, and firing up the wii to play red steel for a couple of hours in the evenings untill i completed it, and im still going back to it.

I hope they make a sequel.. if its worthy ill definitly not hesitate to pick it up.

Hey don't drink and Wii

JK

I am at 52% and the disc stops there damn well I'm exchanging it tomorrow hopefully beat it before I go to my dads next weekend

i'm about 36% through at the moment, but i havnt been playing on it because of zelda ( which is now completed )

so now i can focus on red steel, i'm at the part where you have to kill this women with a sword in a club

i'm really having trouble breaking her sword because she just does spin moves i cant block, so i could see myself on this for a while ....

If there was hesitation about quality of the game vs. price, then now would be a good time to try it. I've been hearing that the game is going down in price to $29.99. I'm just anxious for the sequel. But I'll be honest; as crazy as I am about this game, I have yet to finish it. I hope to finish soon so I can get to the Call of Duty game that's collecting dust. LOL

I must admit I bought this game on a whim and never looked into reviews, etc. I just saw the ads on TV and was like, "Holy sh*t! This is going to be awesome!". So I got it along with Zelda and Madden. Then I played Zelda which was awesome of course. Then I opened up Red Stell...and let me tell you I was worried at first. The controls seemed a lil wierd to me and I thought it would be impossible to move around, aim, and shoot people without looking like a dumas or awkward. However throughout the first level it started to get a little easier and more familiar. Then by Level 3 I was doing it so naturally it was kinda scary. And now its like my #3 game right after Twilight Princess & Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion. The storyline is AMAZING and I think the graphics are incredible too. A very good launch title for Nintendo. Too bad Ubisoft brought Far Cry to go along with it....talk about a piece of sh*t game. Anyways I hope they are making a Red Steel 2 cuz I'd defnitely pick it up.

Last edited:
I Love RED STEEL!
Props to those who love it as well!

I'll definately have to rent it sometime, most of the control complaints I read were about not being able to turn very effectively. It sounds like I should definately check it out though.

I agree that people shouldn't be complaining about the control... It just takes little time to get used to it. But anyways, I am not the greatest fan of Red Steel... When I first played it, i loved it. But when I played about like 6 hrs, it kinda started to feel really dull. Although it does have story line, it's boring. It's not that this game is bad, or not worth buying, but just it lacks something. Well. I love the multiplaying feature -- except for small tiny screen.
I think everyone should play this once, but not more than that.

Back