Red Steel - The Truth

raygerrard

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I just got my wii on 08 Dec. i bought wii games, zelda and i had been planning to get Red Steel until i read the "bad" reviews it got recently. When i got to the counter on a spare of the moment thing i decided to go with my initial instinct instead of buying any old game so i bought a copy of Red Steel despite the reviews.

I got home unpacked my Wii with joy. setup all my settings, got my updates and played some wii sports and wii games before i would play Red Steel.

I was greeted with some slightly annoying menus as you have to drap and drop your selections everytime. This is annoying but youv only gota do it once everytime you want to load your profile. here comes the beggining.

As soon as i started it took you through a brief tutorial of how to move the wiimote around by looking at lots of fish. This was meant to be a funny way of showing you so i dont know why people moaned about this. its better than "look up, down, left right."

I started to play and i did find it hard to move around and aim the pointer, but not too worry, after about 20 minutes of constant play I got the nack to it and was just getting better and better at it. it seems impossible at first but just a bit of effort is needed and it feels so perfect after you get it. i kept my settings on medium and i think this works best as iv tried the others out.

The key is not to try flying your gun around and turning at blazing fast speeds, it isnt unreal tournament, so take your time, hide behind some objects and pick them off one by one, its much better this way.

I have now completly come to grips with the controls and I am about 55% complete. This game is brilliant, i find i get bored sometimes with FPS after a while but this one i cannot put down. please try this game yourself everyone is entitled to their own oppionion and i think some people were a bit unfair to this game.

READ ME: One pointer i found is that the pointer can fly around for a few seconds in some areas and it does it quite a lot. go into the wiimote settings and turn the speaker down to "0". then you will have no problems. It completly fixed the problem for me and that was my only downside to this game.

The Graphics: I wanted the wii because i love the way you play. I have an xbox 360 and i like the graphics, but too be completly honest it makes not a lot of difference. I started playing Red steel and i thought wow it looks nice, there is occasional areas that have slightly lacking graphics. for example one of the lifts inside looked absolutly awefull. but everything else looks lovely.

I am very happy with my wii and my choice of game with red steel. I was actually very happy with the graphics because i wasnt expecting anything more than gamecube so i am very pleased with it.

Final note: please at least try this game round a friends house for at least an hour. dont just let this game slip by because it is a gem. Thanks for reading my post.

wow u jus got the game and your 55% complete i dont thnk im even that far and ive had it for like a week, but im close to that

Glad to see you like it. I'm going to get this game but I haven't been thrilled with the bad reviews.

yer i told myself im not playing zelda untill red steel is complete so iv been living on red steel :p

In Europe it hasn't been getting nearly as bad reviews as in the states.

I like to think of it more of a FPS/Time Crisis style crossover. Which I think is the reason that everyone flames it, its certainly no fast paced run-and-gun FPS.

i just got the game yesterday and im 39% complete.. i am gonna try and beat it before elebits comes out and return it to get elebits

I just beat Red Steel today, The second to last mission is a pain, You'll know it when you get there.

Completed it!!!! :D i quite liked the ending. got it on 08 Dec finished it 10 Dec. took me 2 days of hardcore playing though good fun all the way through. Some parts were difficult but its good to have a challenge.

1 bar left on my battery :p

hmmm I geuss I should rent it....I mean I dont have any money to buy it right now...

in my opinion you definetly should rent it. once you get used to using the wiimote this game is brilliant. i honestly cannot believe the reviews it got. remember to turn the sound off on the wiimote though cus in some areas the cursor jumps around a bit which can get frustrating.

press home button and then wiimote settings.

weazol said:
i just got the game yesterday and im 39% complete.. i am gonna try and beat it before elebits comes out and return it to get elebits

Did you buy the game? To my knowledge most retail stores will not take back open software. How are you doing this?

Do you really have to turn off the sound? It't a nice addition to have the sound and bad not to be able to use it?

i bought Red steel on launch.
Its a good game, not a great game but good, much better then the reviews it was getting.
Haven't spent that much time on it though, im to hooked on Wii Sports

i played red steel at my buddies it was awesome, the multiplayer aspect is great, id love to get 4 people playin at once.

Back