Red steel - worth the money or not?

XLaw

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2007
Latvia / Europe
Just want to hear people thoughts about Red Steel.
Need to know should I save money for the upcoming new games like SSBB and Metroid 3 or just take the games that are out at the moment - CoD 3 ,Madden 07 , Super Monkey Ball?

Red Steel is a good game. It's definitely worth renting. You could certainly finish it in a couple of weekends.
It has a lot of flaws though. It's a bit glitchy and tends to freeze occasionally. And the pointer is quite difficult to control unless you turn the remote speaker off (don't know why that helps, but it does.)
The multiplayer is good, but stops being interesting quite quickly.
Overall, lots of promise, but not as great as it could be. If Red Steel 2 irons out the problems in Red Steel, it will be awesome.
My best recommendation would probably be to buy it, play it through as quickly as possible, and then put it on ebay or trade it in for another game.

I would not buy it for the full price.. I got it from ebay for £25 delivered i got that simply because its a bargin.. It's ok but i dunno.. I can re-sell it for £25 at gamestation so its all good. I would shop about first if your going to get it.. pick up a good deal.

I got it for $35 and I've never had any glitches and I love FPSes, so I guess you could say that this and CoD III are some of my favorite games. COD III More though, I love WWII Shooters

a great game which deserves more credit. i personally enjoyed every moment of it and the controlls were simply fantastic.

I tried out the multi player yesterday with some friends and it's ALOT of fun, so yeah, the multi player aspect of the game is real good if this helps?

I got the hang of the controlls still didn't want to buy it. NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

Back