red steel

odpr

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2007
hi
I saw that many of you purchase the game,
as a new Wii owner, that was that first game that jump into my mind to buy,
but after what I read in gamespot were they said that basiclly this game should not be touched..

so what is the deal with this game>?
is it really that bad??

Nah it's top

People say 'The Controls suck' but you can lower the sensitivity if you wish. People who can't control it obviously can't work a Wii..

ONM [OFFICIAL Nintendo Magazine] gave it a 89% I think. So it is a good game...

Red Steel
Zelda
Sonic
SSX Blur

All need to be bought - Im getting SSX Blur in 2 weeks

The multiplayer rocks so you can always pick it up and play with your mates [Up to 4 players] :)

IGN and Official Nintendo Magazine is my choice of Review spots. Im subscribed to ONM and I look on IGN Every so often

Last edited:
Sometimes the game freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise (only happened twice during my trip through the story mode). Aside from that, the reticle on screen can jump around a little bit from time to time.

I really like it though. Well worth the $30.

no, its good just sometimes annoying when the aimer jolts

its worth a rent....but if i were you i would get something different, there are a lot better games out there at the moment

Red Steel had NEVER Jamed on me. It's a cool game yes though I think it's pasted it's 'Buying' time

I'd get Sonic if I were you. It's new AND it rocks!

like?
right now I am looking for games to buy and could not find even one.

I have the wii sport and the wii play(which is horrible.)

all the games I see and read in gamespot, say that they don't worth buy..

excpet wario...

so any good recommandations?

(also a game like red steel ?)

Wii_Smurf said:
Red Steel had NEVER Jamed on me. It's a cool game yes though I think it's pasted it's 'Buying' time

I'd get Sonic if I were you. It's new AND it rocks!

Sonic?

From what I read,
there is nothing much to do in the game,
just move it left and right...

spicka said:
you have to get zelda! seriously its a great game i cant believe you didnt buy it already!

altough I like adventrure games, I don't have much time to enter such a vast game ..

it take month and month of continus play, which I don't have...

so, if u can recommand on something else I would be very happy..
:)

Wii_Smurf said:
Nah it's top

People say 'The Controls suck' but you can lower the sensitivity if you wish. People who can't control it obviously can't work a Wii..

ONM [OFFICIAL Nintendo Magazine] gave it a 89% I think. So it is a good game...

Red Steel
Zelda
Sonic
SSX Blur

All need to be bought - Im getting SSX Blur in 2 weeks

The multiplayer rocks so you can always pick it up and play with your mates [Up to 4 players] :)

IGN and Official Nintendo Magazine is my choice of Review spots. Im subscribed to ONM and I look on IGN Every so often

well you didnt think that NGM will say otherwise...
they are sponsered by nintendo,

they will never give a bad review..

Ign is a little over excited site to my opnion.

Gamespot is the best, they have a very objective reviewers, and rarely they make a mistake.

Red Steel is a beautiful game. I'm talking graphics and gameplay here. It's fun to aim at people and kill them. Swordfighting is intuitive. Finally, the Japanese underworld theme is awesome.

Oh, regarding the reticule jumping around, I've noticed this as well. As far as I can tell, it jumps to the center of the screen automatically from time to time, but that's only half the story. It seems to happen when the game freezes for a split second (notice that everything around you stops as well).

So yeah. Not spotless, but certainly worth checking out.

Red Steel is surprisingly entertaining and controls quite well, compared to what the reviewers said. Could it be better? Sure. But as far as a launch title goes, it is very well made.

It's definitely a rent, but now that it can be found for $30 at EB or Gamestop, you may want to consider buying it.

I read lots of negative reviews of Red Steel as well, so I was a little wary of buyin it. However i dont regret it aty all, its a great shoot 'em up with the added fun of sword fights. I you havent played a shoot em up on the Wii yet, i would definitely say get it! Also it has yet to freeze on me..but im only around 25% through the game so far. Haven't actually tried multiplayer yet, everyone loves Wii Sports too much.

MiLK said:
I read lots of negative reviews of Red Steel as well, so I was a little wary of buyin it. However i dont regret it aty all, its a great shoot 'em up with the added fun of sword fights. I you havent played a shoot em up on the Wii yet, i would definitely say get it! Also it has yet to freeze on me..but im only around 25% through the game so far. Haven't actually tried multiplayer yet, everyone loves Wii Sports too much.

yes, I am already in bidding mode in Ebay.
:)
I will try to get it .

That what I tought,
gamespot, and many sites might have a too much high expections from it.

how is splinter cell btw?

Back