red steel

kevbomac05

WiiChat Member
Jun 13, 2007
Wii Online Code
6139-2063-0162-5101
well ive heard alot about how red steel is a bad game ans stuff but id have to say its the best game ive played on the wii so far its just a fun experince after learning the controls after about 10 minutes. Who else had a good time playing red steel?

I thought it was decent, had fun playing it, but it was too glitchy for me to truly enjoy it.

i love this game....currently at harry's bar and completed 3 of the 4 clan quests. the last one i have to do is the womans (presumably she owns some geisha girls?)....what have i got to look forward to and how far into the game am I?

Loved it but found it way to short took only 7 hours to complete.

Cant W8 for red steel two. ubisoft say they are improving swordplay and may introduce online play

fingers crossed

ooooooohhh Red Steel 2, cant wait for that one.
Hopefully the sword play is more violent ie. in stead of going for respect points the strike will actually DO something instead of just looking like you have knocked them out. DECAPITATION is where its at these days!!!

Red Steel is a good game, dont know why so many bad reviews.
Im going to go play now.

It is quite fun. Not the best certainly not the worst. Personally I like Call of Duty 3 better. Red Steel 2 should be great though.

Its an alright game I think, not brilliant but for an early Wii game I think it showed potential. Differant from your usual FPS. Possibly the nearest thing to Goldeneye on the Wii too..

hopefully they can tighten up the controls for red steel 2.

that's my only complaint with this game. granted, it's a launch title, and i realize that, i just hope ubisoft as well as other developers making first person shooters for the wii can start nailing the controls a little better than they have done so far. there's sooooo much potential.

otherwise i really enjoyed it, and still hit up split screen mutliplayer every once in a while.

I also enjoyed Red Steel and don't know why people didn't really like it :( it's such an awesome game and multiplayer is good only if you have at least 3 other friends who are patient enough to learn and get used to the new wiimote controls. Otherwise, they will get frustrated and either die a lot and give up or say this game sucks ass.

yeah...i think that's the main reason ppl said they didnt like redsteel; cuz they couldnt get used to the controls and just gave up on the game.

TortillaChip520 said:
yeah...i think that's the main reason ppl said they didnt like redsteel; cuz they couldnt get used to the controls and just gave up on the game.

I didn't find the controls too difficult to get used to, I just didn't like how sometimes the crosshair would jump back to the middle of the screen while I was trying to shoot someone in a shootout, it also made turning while walking/running a bit difficult because you're turning and the damn thing jumps to the middle of the screen and you stop turning.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure if that was just my copy or if all of the RS games did that.

mine wouldnt jump to the middle, it would jump to some obscure corner and i'd spin around in a circle, but it never did that during a shootout.

I thought Red Steel was pretty good for a launch game or later a budget title. I never had any problems with the controls except for one level that always seemed to start with the screen spinning around.

I thought it was an awesome game. It was a little short, although I have beat the entire thing I have to go back and replay the levels to get samari rankings on them. I'm saving that for another time. Multi player is fun if the other person is used to the controls, but I wish there were more maps.

Back