red steel

steveo

adult member
Sep 24, 2007
hello peeps has any one played red steel? iam struggling with the sword fightin any one got any tips? i cant sem to hit them they just keep blocking any help will be great cheers

i find it easier to break there blade than kill them, by blockingthere attacks or dodging then swiping with nunchuck, of by using special moves learned later in the game.

Yes if you have that ability then do what David told you.
Break his blade if you can.

I didn't really like the sword fighting in this game.

The only way to win the sword fights is to be defensive, either by breaking their blade or by countering. When you see them do their slow motion attack, dodge to the side and hit them. Or, parry their regular attacks and hit them with a special (Only the hammer attack you get in the beginning is useful, everything else is too unreliable and not very effective.)

Sword fighting was definitely dull in red steel. Hopefully they'll get that squared away when they put out the sequel. Also, it seemed stupid that you would put away your very powerful .50 calibur pistol, just because some one was dumb enough to run at you with a sword. The Devs need to watch some Indiana Jones. :/

Block and slah, block and slash!

Basically just move your arms up and down and go for it!

You need to time your blocks. If you block at the exact time before impact, then you will cause the enemy to stagger, which is the exact moment you should slash him multiple times. keep following this technique and you should be fine.

thanks for all the advice, i thought i was doin alrite till i got to this one bloke i cant seem to get a hit in manage to block some of his attacks but cant seem to break his sword guess ill just keep tryin till i get the hang of it thanks again.

Back