Red Stell or Call of Duty 3?

Xionn

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
UK - Cambridge
Wii Online Code
2517-7724-2156-1943
Hi everyone, well i might get a FPS a go on the Wii, i never really get FPS' on consoles because of the controls, so normaly get them all on my PC, but as the Wii is so cool and the WiMote rox i think ill give it a try.

But i was wondering which game to get? I really like the Call of Duty series, very atmospheric and it makes you feel as if you are really there, but then again there is the Wii exclusive Red Steel, but i have heard its slightly buggy? Anyway , is there anyone who has both? And can give me a few good n bad points and help me decide which one to get ? :)

Red Steel or Call of Duty 3?

Thanks.

Red Steel looks nice but plays kind of clunkily.
Call of Duty looks terrible(annoying blurry yet somehow still pixelly textures) but is meant to play pretty okay.

I'd go for Call of Duty but personally I find those kind of games a bit depressing... I prefer games with more stylised settings like Red Steel, but the "bounding box" is meant to be horrible.

I'd pick both of them up second hand in a month or two if I had some money.

Hey Kittie Rose thanks for ure reply, well i was origionaly going to get call of duty on my PC when its out on PC, as i got a good PC so can put the graphics up high. Ill probably get Red Steel pre owned then yea good idea thanks :)

I just want to try get through Zelda atm :) i haven't had too much time to play it because i have this one coursework i have to spend more time on which is annoying grr. And going to be doing that over xmas :( But yea i really want to try to get through Zelda then get another single player game :)

I own COD3. The graphics are just ok but it is allot of fun to play. The wii definitly nailed it with FPS except for throwing grenades.

I was thinking about getting COD3. It seems to have better reviews on average and all the setting has been done to death it interests me more.
However, I'll be waiting till FarCry is released, as far as I am aware it's only waiting till January, which isn't hard with a new console and 5 games to play, and the previews for it seems to be great.

Call of Duty:
- graphics are watered down on the wii
- Gameplay is better than on the other consoles, thanks to the wiimote.
- I'd give it an 7.9
- And you get to play as french canadians!

Red Steel:
- Worst FPS in years
- Crappy graphics
- Horrible gameplay
- Tons of bugs... it was obviously rushed
- I'd give it a 3

Get COD3 - its the most solid FPS on the Wii

COD:3 for sure i played both and if you like the ww2 period weapons and the cod series then for sure get cod3 because it plays better

Thanks a lot everyone for your replies, it was a real big shame about Red Steel :( was such a good idea for a FPS and when done properly would be been good (maybe a not rushed Red Steel 2 may be better?) I also love FarCry, the theme, setting and that all are very good, i hope it gets good ratings! The next debate would probably be Call of Duty 2 or FarCry huh ;)

Back