Reekfish fishing...how long?

zelda77

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
How long does this take? Im at the mother daughter stone location but its been about a half an hour already. When is this freakin reekfish going to bite? This game is awesome however it could do without the fishing :mad:

zelda77 said:
How long does this take? Im at the mother daughter stone location but its been about a half an hour already. When is this freakin reekfish going to bite? This game is awesome however it could do without the fishing :mad:

Wait another 2 or 3 hours, and then, instead of holding your rod in water with nothing in it, maybe try looking for a reekfish and putting the lure by it.

did you even get the LURE from the prince/princess? you NEED it to catch them

Yea thanks, YES the reekfish are in the water, yes ive moved the lure, and yes I have the coral earring attached. Maybe I am in the wrong spot, that reply might actually have some use for me. Thank you.

I had trouble with this also, but I didn't wait around for that long. Have you tried putting bee's honey or whatever it's called onto the lure? They bite very quick when you use that. Also, make sure you don't pull up until the bobber is all the way off the screen. Then, pull the joystick back along with the wiimote. I found the intructions in the book to be very insufficient with bobber fishing. D:

Ha, the mother daughter stones are 2 stones west on ur map... It took me like 9 seconds to do this without anything but the earing.

When the rod bobs down you yank up. Man that sounds so wrong. When you think the fish started biting your lure pull up for a catch. Don't forget to read the instruction manual.

and once you finally catch one remember to drop it on the ground switch to wolf form and get the scent before it jumps back in the water

Spoiler to be on the safe side.
The corridor to the snowlands, stand in that and look out over the water, swim across it to a ledge, there should be a shoal of reekfish in there. Just throw your hook in and wait, when the bobber goes under the water totally then jerk back on your remote so its vertical and it should hook in, then just reel.

By the way it took me two goes, so when you get it right it's really fast.

Back