refering to SSCT SSST

toomstone

"tango down"
Nov 14, 2007
brizzy baby
Wii Online Code
8211-0763-7929-1645
you guys keep refering threads to SSCT or ST when i think they are valid descussions by them selfs and if they were all put into the other main threads it would get to crowded with subjects...

Translation:

Every single Smash Bros. topic falls into the category of "Character" or "Site Discussion". What's the point of having a "Smash Bros. Brawl" board of its own if you can't make a thread?

The Smash Bros. board has the most locked threads of them all. Not because it's full of taboo topics, but because everything belongs under the extremely broad main threads.

That- or Timmy is trapped in a well!? I'll save you, Timmy!!!!!!!

personally i agree that there are some threads that don't belong in the character discussion thread(i.e. posting if a character is confirmed) that have been locked, but there are SO many threads titles "what are your favourite characters" "who do you think should be in brawl" that it probably gets to repetitive for the mods, so they just lock anything character related

its the same thing that happen with the pokemon thread when it emerged and i foresaw this topic comming up 4 months ago and heeeeeerrre we are. mods assured me we wouldnt have this problem too, funny.

toomstone said:
http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/44782-ideas-new-characters.html

my point is here... they are asing for ideas of new characters... yes their is a character thread but this doesnt need to go in their its a question that could have alot of answers and im sure the tread starter doesnt want to read through the SSCT and find the posts people made about his/her question

no they don't need to go through the thread, but they can just make one post "hey what new characters do you guys want in the game"

and people will scream out geno and sora

think of it this way.....if that thread didn't get locked, and people responded, and it was a successful thread with about 25 pages

would someone be able to make the exact same thread just because they don't want to read through the 25 pages?

Actually, I take full credit for all the people shouting 'Geno'. Sorry, just really enthusiastic... ... ...

GENO FOR FREAKING PRESIDENT!

Anyways, still. The only threads on this board that actually work are the Character Discussion and Site Discussion. Everyone else gets theirs closed and forgotten or ignored and forgotten.

It just occurred to me that half the people here would probably be okay with switching Nintendo's number to 911 and 911 to some random and obscure numbers....

That's because a majority of people don't use common sense to post in the "SSBB Character Discussion (HELLO, IT'S HERE TO DISCUSS CHARACTERS YOU WANT/DON'T WANT IN THE GAME)" thread, and instead post an unneeded one that just junks up the forum.

Making threads such as:
  • VIEWTIFUL JOE IN BRAWL
  • Geno for Braw!!!
  • OH MY GOD SONIC IS IN IT I HAVE PROOF
  • Characters you would like in the game
  • [Name Specific Character] Thread. Discuss!
  • Movesets for Ridley, HE WILL BE IN ITTT

etc...

NO. It all falls under those 2 threads, we don't need anything more. And NO, the stickies aren't "too crowded", your opinions will be looked at, and if intelligent, will be responded to. Believe me.

To clarify, I'm not saying, "There should be no more threads made in the SSBB section." If you have news to report (Not "OH MY GOD SONIC IS IN TEH BRAWLZ!") or something major is revealed (such as online, I would consider a thread called "Brawl Online" would be appropriate at that time), it's fine. Just don't post things that fall under the 2 major stickies!

But EVERYTHING falls under the two major stickies.

If it's major news, it goes under the site discussion thread. If it's remotely about a character, it goes into character discussion.

All I'm saying is that those two threads pretty much cover it all. Until Brawl is released, there's nothing much more than character speculation and site discussion...

...Exactly. Are you saying that we should allow threads discussing just one character or are you against it? Not sure if we're on the same page.

IMO, I don't think we need those threads...just post under the stickies.

i think we should have some small threads that are more particular type of question it my encorperate chacters but if its like whats your opinion on kirbs costumes that could be asked in SSCT but if its what is another possible 3rd party it should have its own

toomstone said:
i think we should have some small threads that are more particular type of question it my encorperate chacters but if its like whats your opinion on kirbs costumes that could be asked in SSCT but if its what is another possible 3rd party it should have its own

yes i agree with you, but if you haven't noticed, the third party character thread isn't locked

Exactly. The man is out to get us. I'm looking at you, Syntax.

:shifty:

As someone [apparently much wiser than I] said in one of these forums, you might as well make one thread for all of wiichat.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Exactly. The man is out to get us. I'm looking at you, Syntax.

:shifty:

As someone [apparently much wiser than I] said in one of these forums, you might as well make one thread for all of wiichat.

aww thank you, i appreciate it...compliments, pass them on

But syntax also listens, and he didn't close the ridley thread, cause there is much controversy over that character, same with sora's thread, although it got off topic and that was the reason why it got closed, so far i think syntax has been doing a decent job, he could be a bit looser(i.e. i didn't like that he closed the "krystal unofficially confirmed for brawl" cause that wouldn't fit in with the groove ) But you guys gots to keep in mind that he listens, i.e. one time he closed the metroid prime thread, however he later on opened it as we were talking about the series, not a character

Back