Reggie: New Super Mario Bros Wii to outsell Modern Warfare 2 on a single platform, no

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This is on the wii.qj.net webpage.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has thrown down the gauntlet. In the newest GTTV episode, he predicted that New Super Mario Bros. Wii will outsell Modern Warfare 2 on a single platform.

It's not really impossible if we take the single platform stipulation into account, seeing as how Modern Warfare 2 will be released on three platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Still, he added that it'll be a close race and said he believes Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a fantastic title.

Elsewhere in the same interview, Reggie also denied that there will be a Wii HD. "Michael [Pachter] continues to be the only one who believes that this is gonna happen," he said. "I don't know how forcefully we can say that there is no Wii HD."
heres the link, for some reason i can't embed the video so go here please....http://wii.qj.net/Reggie-New-Super-...-a-single-platform-no-Wii-HD/pg/49/aid/135747

Last edited:
This is on the wii.qj.net webpage.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has thrown down the gauntlet. In the newest GTTV episode, he predicted that New Super Mario Bros. Wii will outsell Modern Warfare 2 on a single platform.

It's not really impossible if we take the single platform stipulation into account, seeing as how Modern Warfare 2 will be released on three platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Still, he added that it'll be a close race and said he believes Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a fantastic title.

Elsewhere in the same interview, Reggie also denied that there will be a Wii HD. "Michael [Pachter] continues to be the only one who believes that this is gonna happen," he said. "I don't know how forcefully we can say that there is no Wii HD."
heres the link, for some reason i can't embed the video so go here please....http://wii.qj.net/Reggie-New-Super-...-a-single-platform-no-Wii-HD/pg/49/aid/135747
I don't see a problem. He's talking about say for example outselling the 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, not all versions of it, and with New Super Mario Bros on the DS sold so well, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the Wii version wouldn't also do the same.

Realistically it can only target the PS3 version I believe. Even then it'll be close.

Realistically it can only target the PS3 version I believe. Even then it'll be close.
The thing about Mario is that he's quite a slow burner. As Reggie said, give it Q4 and it'll sell more. I would think so, especially with so many people boycotting the PC release version.

But even Reggie said it would be close.

Back