Reggie: No Euro Brawl until Fall 08?

Kenji510

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Wii Online Code
8193-4915-4160-2184
Alright guys found this news in the Cube3 website and for all the people that live in Europe, gotta read this news right below as well, just gotten worse. :yikes:

Smash fans in Europe may just have to wait a little longer if recent reports are to be believed.

According to the 1up podcast Nintendo of America president, Reggie Fils-Aime was questioned on why Mario Kart and Wii Fit were heading to Europe before the US. Reggie supposedly replied "because they won't get Brawl until Fall (Autumn)".

That said, releases dates have always been known to change, especially with Nintendo's bigger IPs. Hopefully Europe will at enter the battle for a summer season of Smash.

More info: http://www.cubed3.com/news/9559

Yeah they get Mario Kart Wii on April 11th before us and for us its sometime in Q2 2008 as well.. but I rather play Brawl first ya know, its one of the biggest games for the wii as well.

i prefer mario kart over brawl (i live in us)
and its unfair people in europe dont get brawl till "fall" nintendo dont know how to release ****ing games

I also agree with that. I don't understand why some countries get games released later than other countries. I just don't see why europe don't get it the same time as us.

Now when we finally get games early there has to be a reason?!

I'm sick of getting games late and this just makes things worse, forget Snakers and press ups....I want Nintendo to care about PAL

Yeah thats true Japan gets it on April 10th and Europe gets it right after on the 11th for Mario Kart Wii and for us its gonna be sometime in Q2 2008 so maybe summer or fall i believe.

Last edited:
Kenji510 said:
Yeah thats true Japan and Europe are getting Mario Kart Wii and were not till later on in Q2 2008.

Screw NTSC getting a game a month late...we wait pretty much several months late for every game.

Yea i know but right now all im waiting right now is Brawl to come out and play that game.

i hope mario kart releases in the us in may or early june.

i will hate going back to the dominican republic without this game (mario kart 64 =legend in dr)

I can imagine how disapointed the Europe peeps feel about this...it must really suck.....well....I guess it'll all be worth it for them. *nod nod*

Why cant they have a world release like what mircosoft does they realeased Halo 3 on the same date everywhere even though australia got it before becuase of the time zone thing, Nintendo should just release the games all at once

Back