Release of Online Play

Online gaming has been said to start in january... it's a third party game and I can't remember which now. Something I wasn't overly interested in I think.... oh man, you're going to have to take my word for it. But if you don't that's okay too, as the game's gotta be pretty bunk if I can't remember what the deal is. Also, First Party goes online in March with the release of Pokemon doesn't it? Then there's those big surprises and what not they keep talking about... Also, didn't I hear a rumor Tiger Woods '07 was online? Dunno. I wouldn't worry too much man, get your wii-mote skills up to par before you want it with me online anyway. Haha.

I'm thinking it'll drop on the 18th's update, seeing as it looks like we're only getting 3 new games

Animal crossing would be great! I think the information there is pretty accurate

That and just about every promo screen of the message board CLEARLY has a message from Animal Crossing with a little leaf furniture icon on it. CHEA

yea but online gaming will be exactly as it is online the DS. no real structure and them long asz codes to imput if we wanna play some friends. no match making, no adding people you just met in the game to your friends list. is that really worth waiting for? man i really hope they fix that, wii is so perfect for online gaming. dont restrict us

gmdan said:
Bubbagump, the browser will be released on dec 20 2006.....

:shifty:
December 20th?!?!?!? 5 DAYS!?!?!? where did you here this from???? the weather channel is coming in 5 days not the browser. ill basicly know when these guys say it >>>>>>>>OFFICIAL WII WEB<<<<<<<

and this is the official weather release date channel >>>>DECEMBER 20<<<<<<

no offence i just wanted to save your dissapointment and get it over with. so i guess no1 knows the browser/internet channel release date :(

Seibar said:
also, i wonder how that online pokemon is.
Its not all online, basically online battles and trading posts, friend codes for battleing/trading with friends you know. Voice Chat is also enabled through Ds gameplay. Trading sounds pretty cool. I guess you can post up ads stating which pokemon you want and what youre willing to trade for it and others can message you if they are interested

If Nintendo would have released online play at launch along with all the games compatible to online play just imagine how much success they would be having. Wii Sports online, Call of Duty, Far Cry those would be amazing games for online play right now. If Nintendo would have had online play at launch they would have blown the competition out of the water, even further. But I mean when they release the Wii Mario Kart theres no doubt there will be a huge number of people playing it online.

Sillyhat said:
If Nintendo would have released online play at launch along with all the games compatible to online play just imagine how much success they would be having. Wii Sports online, Call of Duty, Far Cry those would be amazing games for online play right now. If Nintendo would have had online play at launch they would have blown the competition out of the water, even further. But I mean when they release the Wii Mario Kart theres no doubt there will be a huge number of people playing it online.
I think that would be nice, but Nintendo is a very careful company and were probly missing a few things for launch and want to make sure everyone can be pleased. Ive never played online games so I can wait. Patience is a virtue

Sillyhat said:

If you wanted to have all that on release you would have probably had to wait another another 6 months to get your Wii.
I don't think Nintendo would want to invest all that time and money into online game play on launch. Imagine the Wii flopped, Nintendo would lose all the money they put into online play.
I think there just playing it safe because the N64 & NGC didn't exactly go to well, but the Wii has been a hit give it 6 months and see the difference, in 12 months we will have a massive catalog of games to play online

Wycky said:
If you wanted to have all that on release you would have probably had to wait another another 6 months to get your Wii.
I don't think Nintendo would want to invest all that time and money into online game play on launch. Imagine the Wii flopped, Nintendo would lose all the money they put into online play.
I think there just playing it safe because the N64 & NGC didn't exactly go to well, but the Wii has been a hit give it 6 months and see the difference, in 12 months we will have a massive catalog of games to play online

That's a good point about GC flopping and being careful. I can't wait til all the great games come out like Mario Kart, Mario Party, and hopefully some shooters that will be able to be played online.

Back