Release the Hunter

luck4u

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Monster Hunter has been one of my favorite franchises from Capcom.
We all know it's coming out for Wii exclusively. But when!? I can't wait to know the launch date. And i wonder how the online interface is going to be. I wouldn't mind friend codes for it, and i don't use voice chat on my friends consoles. All i want is a solid frame rate, expanded custimization, and misions, missions, and more missions.

Does anyone know any other news about this game, besides the beautiful teaser video?

Wow, I never knew this game existed. I tried looking for some info, but all I found was the trailer and the announcement. After seeing that trailer though, I literally cannot wait for it.

it was really a cult classic
many people (in the us) have no clue about it
but those who do can't get enough of it
Back when i played my psp monster hunter was the only worthy of my time
lol
348 hours in that game.

well hmm that's a tough one
it isn't the traditional rpg
there is no story non whatsoever
but it offers a ridiculous amount of customization.
Endless amounts of weapons and armor that take forever to forge and wyvern (dragons) to hunt.

with 4 players it insane. and teamwork is necessary.
it's definately for the hardcore crowd, as three hits from majority of wyverns can cause you to lose a quest.

and quest typically take up to 60minutes (unless you're with friends)
but you can be sure to waste a lot of time into upping your armor and weapons.
it's addictive

So it's sort of like a World of Warcraft type of game, but for consoles.

That just makes this game even better!!! :]

i've never played world of warcraft.
but i've seen a few fights from it. and monster hunter is much more action and suspense type

go to you tube and type in monster hunter freedom
seeing a fight against something 3 times your size that can fling you across the forest is no joke.
it's pretty epic

Damn, and that was just on the PSP. I can't wait for it to come out on the Wii. All those different weapons and armors look amazing. The Wii needs this game so bad!! Thanks for all the info.

Edit: Just saw some multiplayer footage on the PSP. Damn this game is like WoW x10 seriously.

Last edited:
lol i know right
me and my friends would kill this game.
and yet i never beat it.
but i stopped playing psp once i bought a ds lite.
nintendo just offers for more of a variety for me.

but none the less. when this game comes out. it shall be amazing
i can't wait to see how it will look on wii. and i'm loving that it will feature real online instead of ad hoc

there's no doubt it'll be love at first play lol
but i don't think it'll be mmo
4 players is really all you need.
and really is there were more than four it would be upsetting
because this game requires lots of skill

seeing how if your teammates swing their weapons wildly, it actually knocks you back! though it doesnt hurt your health, it leaves you temporarily vulnerable to getting destroyed by a wyvern lol

lol. No idea what a wyvern is. Yet, maybe they will do it to where you just have 4 players per server. Sort of like Doom...if you've played it. But I've been looking more into this game and I've just been hearing more and more good things about it. I just can't seem to find more info on Monster Hunter 3.

wyvern is MH lingo for Dragon or beast.

yea there really isn't enough info on the new game
all i know is that capcom switched because nintendo was willing to offer more money for development (unlike sony)

Yeah, I was just reading about that. I'm just glad they decided to go with Wii rather than PS3 so that way I could actually play it.

Edit: Just look at how beautiful it is...
MH3wii.jpg

Last edited:
Back