Releasing all NES & SNES games for Wii?

apollo79

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2011
I'm someone who loves retro games (NES & SNES) but I don't want 1,000s of cartridges lying around my house. Beyond that, all NES and SNES cartridges with battery saves will die at some point. So instead of dealing with that, I was wondering if Nintendo will ever release all NES (677) & SNES games licensed in the U.S. for the virtual Wii?

No they wont.
Thankfully licensing issues stop tripe like Home Improvement coming out.
Battery back up in carts will only run out if you dont play them for a few years as with some of them the in built battery gets some juice when the game is on

Why do you want all the games? Like Prinny said and stick to the classics I guess.

Why do you want all the games? Like Prinny said and stick to the classics I guess.

I want the option of getting all the games for Wii. That would be why I want all the games. No big deal. I can get them elsewhere if Wii doesn't want to sell em.

It would cost a fortune and you wont play most of them as people seem to forget that every console has a load of rubbish that is forgotten.
Theres no point to buying games you will never play

It won't happen. Nintendo only re-releases NES and SNES games on the VC, I think. And on the VC they won't release every NES game. Just the good, popular and rare ones.

Nintendo cannot sell 3rd Party license games, and some of the games were not licensed (for NES). They are not going to submit all of their games, unless they feel thay can profit even with the internet costs per DL (Which I hear can be expensive). Not to mention every game has to be redesigned to work with the Wii Emulator.

@BluRayPSP

Those 3rd Party games shudn't be released at all. Back in the days Nintendo didnt give them permission and it wasnt licensed. By the way most of those 3rd party games are very bad.

Back