relocating my sensor bar...

johnny_rocket2210

WiiChat Member
Dec 20, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Does anyone know if there is an extension wire available for the sensor bar? If not, has anyone tried splicing the wire to to expand it themselves? Is it simply a posative and negative wire? I wanna move my wii farther from the TV and closer to my couch and was wondering if anyone has tried this? I have a wireless sensor bar. But I dont really like having to turn it on and off every time I play. Not to mention changing the batteries.

Lol, use the wireless? how lazy can you get?

But yes, if it just uses power, a splice would be very easy.

move the wii out?

Its not really a lazy thing, its more an environmental thing. I hate using batteries for Anything. So if theres a way to do it without the AA's, Im all for it.

johnny_rocket2210 said:
Does anyone know if there is an extension wire available for the sensor bar? If not, has anyone tried splicing the wire to to expand it themselves? Is it simply a posative and negative wire? I wanna move my wii farther from the TV and closer to my couch and was wondering if anyone has tried this? I have a wireless sensor bar. But I dont really like having to turn it on and off every time I play. Not to mention changing the batteries.

The only purpose of the wire is to provide power to the sensor bar. You can easily cut it and solder an extention in the middle.

johnny_rocket2210 said:
Sweet I will give it a try.
Try? Doesn't sound very convincing... Once it's beyond repair, don't blame us!

Oh, and there are these really cool things called "rechargable batteries"!

JT. said:
Try? Doesn't sound very convincing... Once it's beyond repair, don't blame us!

Oh, and there are these really cool things called "rechargable batteries"!

All it takes it to cut the wire and solder an extention in the middle. It's only a power supply.

johnny_rocket2210 said:
Its not really a lazy thing, its more an environmental thing. I hate using batteries for Anything. So if theres a way to do it without the AA's, Im all for it.

Bicycle generator?

"Pedal faster I'm on the boss stage!"

Back