Reminder: Replying to spam creates more work for mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the immense amount of threads created, they were not all actually looked at. Just deleted right away.
But those who were obviously contributing to the spam by replying with useless posts were also given small bans.
Please let this be a lesson to continue not replying to spam/trolls.
A big thank you though, to most of you for simply reporting/PMing it, and ignoring it, for the most part.

Syntax said:
Not all posts and or threads that are reported are dealt with. There are times in which we feel that the said post and or thread doesn't necessarily need to be deleted and or closed. In those situations, I usually tend to let the post or thread be and or slightly edit what one user has posted. Thus, avoiding further problems. As for your point on more members reporting posts, I wouldn't mind. Even if it did happen to be one users post they were all reporting.

One last thing that I'd like to add is that I can assure you that none of us are against you guys sending us private message. For some odd reason some members feels as if they are upsetting and or disturbing us by sending me a private message. Wrong... I really don't mind :)

you can edit our posts? like what we've said in them? Oh, and Mitch2025 is the best mod ever!
-Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a spam attack ?
Why was I asleep

Meh report first
SPAMY flavoerd fun after

Whats this ?
whajn4.jpg

:lol::lol: good eye, prinny :lol::lol: that was hilarious, mitch... i would have missed that because i read it before the edit. :)

the spam was lame... it looked like this:

!!!It Prints Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Double post, Idjut, if you weren't a woman, I'd call you a hypocrite. But, that's just our nature.

DOWN WITH IDJUT DOWN WITH IDJUT DOWN WITH IDJUT
--

Does this thread really need discussion? It's heading down spamville itself...I say close and sticky...?

Cpt.McCloud said:
DOWN WITH IDJUT DOWN WITH IDJUT DOWN WITH IDJUT
--

Does this thread really need discussion? It's heading down spamville itself...I say close and sticky...?

Well I am not sure if we needed it in the first place, I honestly thought there was an announcement about it which did get views. Plus most of the people that come into the lounge are regular visitors and posters on the forum, so they pretty well know the rules already. So the people that don't come here are not really seeing it.

But if it should be stickied it should maybe get moved to site feedback first, then maybe get a sticky if the Mods feel like it should be done?

CantGetAWii said:
Well I am not sure if we needed it in the first place, I honestly thought there was an announcement about it which did get views. Plus most of the people that come into the lounge are regular visitors and posters on the forum, so they pretty well know the rules already. So the people that don't come here are not really seeing it.

But if it should be stickied it should maybe get moved to site feedback first, then maybe get a sticky if the Mods feel like it should be done?
don't be short-sighted... it was seen by many people... the views of this post jumped very quickly because members are refreshing their New Posts, not because they were lurking in the lounge...

of course, those that replied to the spam were not vets... the bump of ths thread was not for the vets

after i bumped this thread the responses to the spam were reduced.. the views still climbed on this thread

i'll accept the earlier nit-picking as humor... since it was :)

Last edited:
...So what you're saying is, you want this thread to be popular and constantly on topic? Hah.

Frogger said:
...So what you're saying is, you want this thread to be popular and constantly on topic? Hah.

yeah... it's time to close this thread...

there's no doubt you will succeed in
clouding the point (and function) of this thread with your misconstrued statements which come from left field.

We already had an announcement like this! You posting this is irony, and the mods don't feel the need for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back