Remote batteries?

Half Empty

CHAD SMITH IS KING!
Nov 24, 2006
Severna Park, MD
Wii Online Code
7404-0035-3816-1331
Just an hour or two ago I had to replace the batteries that came with the Wii with some others. No surprise there, but I couldn't find any batteries, so I took the batteries out of my old satellite remote that have not been replaced in at least two years put them in the Wiimote, and when I check the battery level and it's full! I don't know what kind of batteries they are, but they are green and have yellow streaks on them. Can you buy these in stores?

Just buy a recharger and a couple of rechargable batteries will cost you like 30 quid but it saves loads of money

Wii_Fan said:
Just buy a recharger and a couple of rechargable batteries will cost you like 30 quid but it saves loads of money

true... i save a lot of money that way.

Half Empty said:
Just an hour or two ago I had to replace the batteries that came with the Wii with some others. No surprise there, but I couldn't find any batteries, so I took the batteries out of my old satellite remote that have not been replaced in at least two years put them in the Wiimote, and when I check the battery level and it's full! I don't know what kind of batteries they are, but they are green and have yellow streaks on them. Can you buy these in stores?
dont trust what the Wii says about the batteries because mine died yesterday and 1 hr before that it said they were 100% full

I found rechargable batteries to make the remote somewhat heavy, but it seems to work like ankle weights. My roomate who hates Nintendo (since he bought an Xbox 360 a month before) always complains about how heavy they are.

Whoa you must be weak

Its not as heavy as a Xbox

Same here...the battery meter always seems to show 100% or almost dead, there's no inbetween it seems.

True about the battery meter, but standard remote controls use up almost no power. I've seen people who get a new TV before they have to replace the batteries in the remote for the old one.

Back