remote motion not being picked up

AJH717

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2007
one of my remotes is not working. the buttons all work but when in wii golf or bowling, the sensor doesn't pick up the swing or motion. can anyone tell me what this might be and how to fix it? It's not the batteries. I have changed them.

JAKE196 said:
if you have light shinning through windows it might interupt the signal, thats what happened to me.

That affects the infra-red, not the motion sensing. So you are wrong.

In answer to the first post, take your Wiimote back to where you got it and demand a new one

the other 2 remotes work in the same light though...

FRuMMaGe said:
That affects the infra-red, not the motion sensing. So you are wrong.

In answer to the first post, take your Wiimote back to where you got it and demand a new one
The Infra-red as well as movement sensors are used :-/

The infra-red is used for the more precise things like the cursor (obviously) and knowing how far away the controller is etc. . .

JAKE196 said:
The Infra-red as well as movement sensors are used :-/

The infra-red is used for the more precise things like the cursor (obviously) and knowing how far away the controller is etc. . .

Yes they are both used but contrary to popular belief, they are not reliant on each other. The infra-red is used for controlling the little pointer on the screen and does not use any motion sensing. The motion sensing is controlled by two accelerometres inside the remote. These are not affected by light.

Does it work on anything else or is just golf and bowling on WiiSorts? Have you ever hit it against something? That can sometimes break it and you will either need to buy a new one or if you have that replace thing on it then just use that.

wait, you know you have to hold buttons when swinging or throwing in golf and bowling right? in golf it might be A you hold and bowling is B

Brawny said:
And you ARE wrong Jake, just accept it.
Thanks. :yesnod:
samXcor3 said:
wait, you know you have to hold buttons when swinging or throwing in golf and bowling right? in golf it might be A you hold and bowling is B
Remember, even though you won't hit the ball, it will still swing the club in golf without holding A. The practice swing.

Good suggestion though

I have been using it properly, and have tried it on other games as well to no avail.

Brawny, you are the man. I called Nintendo and they told me the sensor in the remote was "sticking.". They instructed me to hold the remote in one hand, cup the other hand and slap the remote into the cupped hand (not too hard) a few times. That solved the problem. It's called a "slap technique." You slap it so the front face of the remote (with all the buttons) hits the cupped hand. Hope this helps others!

could be a bug in the remote, you could try calling nintendo for help

Back