Remote Play Question-Fast replies please?

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
i was reading a wiki article on it and it made it seem like your ps3 has to be using wifi for remote play. will a constant lan connection not work? i dotn see why it wouldnt but heres a quote from the article-
The Remote Play functionality originally did not work with the 20GB configuration of the PlayStation 3 as it lacks Wi-Fi and therefore cannot connect and stream to a PlayStation Portable
thats worded odd right? please let me know, i want to buy a PSP mainly for the remote play feature. btw i dont have the 20gb version, it's 40.

it must require peer-to-peer adhoc connectivity (direct connection to peers without needing an AP or wireless router)

AP Mode is sometimes call infrastructure mode

sorry that their tech writers suck... i'm taking a stab at it.

It needs to use wifi because the PSP has no other way to connect. However if you have your PS3 connected via ethernet cable to a wireless router you will be able to use Remote Play.

PSP -> WIRELESS ROUTER -> PS3

okay heres how it's hooked up at my hosue. ps3 goes into the wireless router (not using wifi connection though) and my PSP will use the wi-fi at my house or where ever i might be. should this work?

Yes it should. That's the exact configuration I use.

Also note that you have to enable the use of remote play via internet. This whay the devices will not try to connect using the ad-hoc option

okay cool, thanks jledesma.

actually my friend agreed to let me use his psp for a couple weeks so ill be finding all this stuff out before i purchase a slim.

Back