Replacement Wii

Dialtone75

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2007
I sent my Wii in a week or so ago because of video issues. I was very impressed with the whole repair process. First I didn't have to even call Nintendo about it. I just filled out an online form and they mailed me a shipping label. It took about 8 days to get it back and I got a brand new one. It had ALL of my settings and Miis in tact. Even my configuration for internet and save states for VC games. They even gave me a letter in the package saying that they were able to replicate the problem I was having and replaced the console with a new one. So just for anyone just dealing with a problem and don't want to send it in, DO IT! This was my experience and don't know if anyone else had a problem with Customer Support.

I wonder if dealing with problems like this in the manner that they do (which is awesome), is the cause for the delays to supply and production efforts.

No because chances are the Wii they shipped back was someone else's broken one that they had fixed up and not a new one.

Have you ever actually been to Nintendo? Do you know what they really DO with those broken Wiis?

a30993 said:
Have you ever actually been to Nintendo? Do you know what they really DO with those broken Wiis?
Oh so I assume you have. Why is there any reason to believe at all that their practices are any different in this area then any other electronics company? Again this was not meant as a criticism of Nintendo because I don't think this is a bad practice. If you're so convinced that this isn't what Nintendo does then what do they do with the broken Wiis that get sent to them. I'm more then willing to hear the alternative to my theory.

Back