Report of Wireless Sensor Bar

professor_specs

WiiChat Member
Oct 25, 2006
Tucson, AZ
MaxConsole is reporting that Nyko is set to release a wireless version of the sensor bar:

Wireless Wii Sensor Bar coming from Nyko

We've heard that high quality video game peripheral market Nyko are to create a wireless Wii sensor bar. The wireless bar will detect pointer and motion movements from up to 25ft away and have 2.4GHz Wireless technology which works for up to 30ft. It should be on sale for around $30 and is described as ideal for those home set ups with wall mounted TV's or complicated cabling.

Home theater owners rejoice!

Batteries cost alot of money hopefully this will have another charger for you to hook in to your already crouded outlet. Also another thing i fear from this is lag issues and signal interference there are already alot of wireless devices involved in the wii set-up. Wireless router and most likely you have a wireless pc, the wii motes are wireless, wii transmits wireless signals, nintendo ds has wireless transfering also. I would worry about that but its probly not as big of a problem as i think it could be.

Link_of_Hyrule said:
Batteries cost alot of money hopefully this will have another charger for you to hook in to your already crouded outlet. Also another thing i fear from this is lag issues and signal interference there are already alot of wireless devices involved in the wii set-up. Wireless router and most likely you have a wireless pc, the wii motes are wireless, wii transmits wireless signals, nintendo ds has wireless transfering also. I would worry about that but its probly not as big of a problem as i think it could be.
I know. I have a wireless router that transmits to my laptop and we also have a broadband phone, which sometimes interferes with my internet connection so much that I can't get online! It's like being back on dial-up. Many times though, it makes it so we can't call out and people can't call us. Very irritating.

Still good news though for those with projectors (gosh, I wish I had a projector:drool:)

yes having too many wireless devices is a problem i think that blue tooth is on such a different frequency that it won't effect wi-fi signals at all though

but you can have a good time pressing all those syncro buttons all 5 of them plus if they get wireless nunchuks lol make that 11

You say that, shiver, but what's the range on it?

If the range of it is only 10 ft, then there will be a problem and imo pointless. I hope the range is much longer

Hey Inspire, why don't you try actually reading the damn article. I even quoted it for you so you didn't have to click the link.

AHEM:

Wireless Wii Sensor Bar coming from Nyko

We've heard that high quality video game peripheral market Nyko are to create a wireless Wii sensor bar. The wireless bar will detect pointer and motion movements from up to 25ft away and have 2.4GHz Wireless technology which works for up to 30ft. It should be on sale for around $30 and is described as ideal for those home set ups with wall mounted TV's or complicated cabling.

Seriously......

I did read it, I just didn't see that part - I saw that it sensed movements from 25 feet away from the sensor bar.

So thanks for answering my question, but no thanks for being an ass about it.

This is a forum about video games, ffs, lighten up.

EDIT: Attitudes aside, nice find on the article.

Last edited:
Link_of_Hyrule said:
yes having too many wireless devices is a problem i think that blue tooth is on such a different frequency that it won't effect wi-fi signals at all though

but you can have a good time pressing all those syncro buttons all 5 of them plus if they get wireless nunchuks lol make that 11
Bluetooth and WiFi actually use the exact same frequency, it's the encryption that's different. The article says "2.4 GHz Wireless," which is not that frequency, I suspect that there will be a plug-in reciever at the Wii.

registerednerd said:
Bluetooth and WiFi actually use the exact same frequency, it's the encryption that's different. The article says "2.4 GHz Wireless," which is not that frequency, I suspect that there will be a plug-in reciever at the Wii.
Sorry, but what kind of receiver are you talking about? If you're saying that Wii will have or need a receiver plugged into it to have either WiFi or bluetooth, then that's not correct. Wii has both built in. Could you clarify?:)

NateTheGreat said:
Sorry, but what kind of receiver are you talking about? If you're saying that Wii will have or need a receiver plugged into it to have either WiFi or bluetooth, then that's not correct. Wii has both built in. Could you clarify?:)
(it turns out that 2.4GHz actually is the freqency for WiFi/bluetooth, but that doesn't really affect what I was saying)
What I meant was that it could be similar to the wavebird, where it was wireless and you weren't limited by the cable, but something still has to be plugged into the console. Nobody knows for sure, but most likely only certain wireless devices will be recognised by the Wii, and for a while that probably won't be much (likely just the Wiimote)

Back