Resident Evil 4 = Big disapointment.

I still haven't played it :sick: I'll stick with my GC one. But not being able to move when you aim has always been there ever since the first.

just aim for the head and kill them quick. i don't see this as a huge problem or a disappointment. but people do have their opinions.

I never played it on gamecube or ps2, and I think the game is freaking awesome!
I found it a little hard to use the analog stick to move the camera while aiming, but once I got used to it it was the best!

chwisch87 said:
The control is FLAT OUT HORRIBLE! No side step and i can use the wiimote to turn. Once i go into aim mode ... i can't move?? wtf? soo i'm a sitting duck while i aim at things ... oh this is just perfect.

Thank god i only spent 30 dollars on this POS.

HORRIBLE PORT.
rofl you fail hardcore. try playing both versions of a game before claiming the port is a POS.

Squall7 said:
To be fair though, it isn't a FPS. It's a third person shooter.

Think of it like the original Resident Evil games, where you hold a button to bring up your firearm and aim.

It can make it an inconvienience to FPS players, but I can't say I really notice it.

Besides, I was always one of those players that if I thought I could get away with a one-second stop, aim and shoot at Goldeneye for more damage, I would do that, rather than relying on auto-aim.

I see what you're saying though.
that goes to show you how hardcore RE4 fails..

Last edited:
Geez--I have to make a comment here! I have been playing vid games since the 80s and I personally think that RE4 was one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I have ever had--on any platform. I felt like I was a hero in a movie--right up to the very movie-like end. I would also suggest getting back into it and giving yourself some time to adjust to how the game plays. Hope you ultimately will agree that it was worth your time. Good luck

There is little lost with the lack of strafing and shooting only when you are still. You don't have eleventy billion rounds of ammo to strafe and shoot like a mofo. Ammo conservation is a top priority in RE games, which makes it challenging and a bit frustrating at times. When you finish the game though it's very satisfying though :).

btw, the extras stuff is awesome. Mercenaries is a blast, so is assignment ada. I'm working through seperate ways right now.

Squall7 said:
EDIT: To save on arguements I'll just reply "Whatever".
what arguement was there to happen? RE4 ruined the series by turning it into a shooter instead of a puzzle/survival horror.

I was disappointed with RE4 too.

I was expecting more from the controls considering the high review scores and everyone raving about it but to me it feels just like a straight port with the Wiimote tacked on.

It seems like its a crime on here to not like this game but id have to say its the least favourite of the ones i own at the moment.

Sovieto said:
what arguement was there to happen? RE4 ruined the series by turning it into a shooter instead of a puzzle/survival horror.
To be fair, Resident Evil 4 was a departure from the series in more ways than one (Where the heck are the zombies?!).

Although, it's still a Resident Evil, and a good one at that.

Hopefully, Umbrella Chronicles will show how RE4 is connected to the main series.

Besides, RE5 is meant to have the same basic form, are you saying that RE5 is also partly what "ruined" the series?

Resident Evil 4 reinvigorated teh series. Let's face it, the RE format was getting old. It worked in '96 and '98, but was getting old by the time REmake came out. Another game in that style wouldn't have done well. RE4 got a lot of praise for bringing new life to the series as well as being a great game.

Back