Resident Evil 4 is amazing

Stallyon said:
Also, you can only aim in the window - it took me a while to get used to using the nunchuk to look all around while aiming. If they moved the screen around while aiming and have it so that i can run and shoot then I'd be a happy bunny :crazy:

The game does get more intense and atmospheric the more you get into it for sure, you have much more to come...

As for the controls, I agree, I would've rather seen a pseudo Redsteel / COD3 type system which allowed the camera to more more intuitively whilst firing, maybe Capcom tried it and didn't like it, who knows!?!

apparently i've been playing too much resident evil lately, cuz last night i dreamt there was a freaking chainsaw guy in my house! :yikes:

is sucked!

TortillaChip520 said:
apparently i've been playing too much resident evil lately, cuz last night i dreamt there was a freaking chainsaw guy in my house! :yikes:

is sucked!

I had the same dream last night also - turned out i wasnt dreaming and it was just my bro messing about.....

i will miss my ma and my pa :crazy:

Rolex said:
Yep, they are [graphics] imho slightly worse than the GC version at least! The bulk of the game is based on the PS2 for some reason [as I understand it].

Don't think that this isn't a good game - it is - BUT it's a 2 year old port and as such is reflected in any criticism in this thread.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed if you loved the original or have never played it before.

It is a broken game in some ways and as such doesn't live up to it's billing, in my eyes. The controls aren't perfect but they do a good job!!

That's pretty damn lazy of them to go with the inferior ps2 version's graphics. They probably did that because it's the version with the most stuff. >_>

It annoys me that so many games on the Wii don't even push what the Gamecube was capable of, but oh well!

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
That's pretty damn lazy of them to go with the inferior ps2 version's graphics. They probably did that because it's the version with the most stuff. >_>

Meh - it's a money maker but hopefully UC will redeem itself...

this game is awesome and to me i think more than jsut a money maker. i didnt have a gc and had no ps2 at time of that release. so when i saw a residentevil game coming to the wii i had to get it. it surpassed what i thought it would be. yeah yeah it s aport and all but the graphics are just fine to me. theres a ton to the game and could keep you busy for a while.

Man I think the controls in this game are done to perfection, you guys just need to get better. The graphics are definatly better than the ps2 version. You haters need to stop complaining. This is possibly the greatest game ever made.

wiiturd said:
Man I think the controls in this game are done to perfection, you guys just need to get better. The graphics are definatly better than the ps2 version. You haters need to stop complaining. This is possibly the greatest game ever made.

Just to point out that no-one here is actually intimating that they "hate" the game but that the original was that good then this doesn't quite live up to the games origninal reputation!!

The difference between genuine criticism to just purely slagging off the title is a defined line in anyones language, I for one, have criticised the camera and not the game controls but the graphics / animation are most definately lower quality than the GC version when taken in context....I'm glad we all expressed an opinion - aren't you??

Rolex said:
Just to point out that no-one here is actually intimating that they "hate" the game
Thats right. I loved the game 2 years ago and still have fun with the PC version.
Im just disappointed that the two killer apps for the Wii are ports (RE:4 and Z:TP)

ciper said:
Thats right. I loved the game 2 years ago and still have fun with the PC version.
Im just disappointed that the two killer apps for the Wii are ports (RE:4 and Z:TP)

Yeah bit of a weak(ish) :smilewinkgrin: [if that's weak then I will eat my Nunchuck] start for Wii BUT at least they were ports of excellent games and not something really sub-standard, like Superman Returns etc etc...

RE:5 doesn't seem Wii bound initially according to GameSpot - do you know anything different, after all 4 & UC are here..hmmm

Resident Evil 5 coming to 360, PS3
Capcom's flagship survival horror series will infect both Microsoft and Sony's next-generation consoles.

Valley said:
Yeah, my PC sucks. I think I'll get the Wii version.

You definately won't be disappointed - it's certainly a port of probably the most atmospheric and engaging game on any system...the more you play it the more you want to play it - and the Wii controls certainly add something extra that all the other versions won't have!!

Back