Resident Evil 4 on Wii....

Bridgeboy

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
I am playing RE4 on the Wii and I am loving it. This is great to be able to play past highly rated Gamecube games on the Wii. I never owned a Gamecube.

I am playing with the Wii console outputing at 480P through component cables on a 1080P 61" HDTV. The RE4 game does not fill the entire screen like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess does. It has large black bars on the top and bottom and somewhat smaller black bars on the sides. Is this normal? Or is there some setting I am missing?

In any case, it still looks good for an old Gamecube game.

I've heard of this on many HD's and while I don't think this is normal, I think many gamers are experiencing it.

That sucks I was wondering if I should get the component cables but I do not know a whole lot about TV's and don't know if it would work

Yeah I'm doing the same, missed out on the gamecube era. I bought Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Eternal Darkness, and RE4. Trying to get through Mario Sunshine before I play too much RE4. I played it a bit though and it's spectacular. I hope Eternal Darkness is just as good, waiting for it in the mail still.

Well I am absolutely loving RE4. I definitely see how it got such high ratings. I can see this game becoming one of my favorites of all time. My one complaint would be that the movement and camera controls are a bit clunky and could use improvement.

It displays at a 16:9 ratio, it just doesn't fill the whole screen. So it's like I'm seeing it on a 50" screen instead of a 61" screen. But due to the games relatively low resolution (by today's next gen standards...I have an Xbox 360 hooked to the same HDTV), it's just as well. Seeing it blown up to 61" would just exacerbate the jaggies. The graphics are quite impressive for a Gamecube game, however. I previously did not think Gamecube games were capable of this quality of graphics. I wonder if the Wii makes it look better than it would have playing on an actual Gamecube? Perhaps it runs smoother maybe....

Last edited:
Back