Resident Evil 4 Wii Controls

Oceanic

The Cake is a Lie
Jan 4, 2007
Australia
Here they are:

residentevil4wiieditioncontrols.jpg

Do you like them, do you hate them? Lets hear your thoughts.

Personally, I think they have set them out quite nicely and this will be a great port.

Last edited:
using the 1 and 2 buttons might need some getting used to ..

The controls do seem relatively comfortable, no weird combinations of buttons either. It should be a fun/hassle free game to play.

"weapon not equipped : search knife"

search knife?
What does that mean? Its been a while since I played RE4 so I can't figure this out.

it still seems amazing that they are still portingthis game....came out in 2005...and its still being ported!
I want to see a new RE4 not a port!

that seems kind of complicated. i think it's going to take some time to get used to

David328ci said:
that seems kind of complicated. i think it's going to take some time to get used to

seems no more complicated then all the controls for a game like Zelda. Zelda took several pages in the manual to explain the controls for different scenarios and that didn't even touch on the special moves.

I think any game takes a little getting used to, but this doesn't seem all that complicated.

i honestly think they jacked up the controls...it's nothing as how i pictured it would be.

Heres what i pictured

hold C to run
hold Z go into gun mode (kind of like how holding L in the cube version worked)
A is your action button
B is your fire
hold B without holding Z ,and swing for your knife (that way it felts like ur actually holding the knife)
Dpad controls the camera
flick nunchuck to reload (kind of like in Red Steel)
+ to jump into the item menu so you can grab a green herb quickly
- wait/follow ashley
1-map
2-options

to me that seems a bit more stream lined than what they have going on.

Should I sell my copy of RE4 for the wii version? I paid $20 for the gamecube one new. Do you think it will even sell now that the Wii version is coming? If I wait it'll be worth nothing cause everyone will want the wii version right?

Most people don't know that RE4 is coming out for Wii. Best to sell your copy of it fast.

Back