Resident Evil 4

powpowpow

WiiChat Member
Jun 23, 2007
Righto chaps, I need to know what type of game RE4 is.

Do you have to go around collecting items and **** or is it a pure shoot the hell out of everything kind of game?

Would you compare it more to Zelda, where killing **** is secondary to collecting stuff and solving puzzles or to Time Crisis, where you just shoot ****.

Well.. its just a case of me not wanting another puzzle game.

its the best game.
its better then zelda in some cases, its a survival thriller where u gotta kill people and u can collect items such as guns but u only need 1 of each
never played time crisis, but u do just shoot **** solve some puzzles and has a cool story line

it's more of a horror action game i think. U do do quite a bit of shooting though. It has puzzles everyonce in a while also.

has a few puzzles, Mostly shooting the **** out of everything though. you do have to collect money from boxes and killing enemies and you get otehr items this way. and one strong point of the game is choosing/upgrading your own weapons, you need money for this though. the game is extremely fun and not comparable to zelda...cuz zelda sucks. lol

This game involves A LOT of ammo conservation on your first playthrough. Rent it for Wii, GC, or PS2 first if your unsure.

Puzzle solving would amount to about 8% of gameplay, in my opinion. Tack on 10% for decisions on weapon customizations, and the remaining 82% is pure action. Slashing with the knife, blasting suckas with the shotgun, firing your pistol, sniping zombies' heads off with your semi-auto rifle...

Bottom line, it won't feel like a puzzle game.

Actually if you just wanna shoot ****, beat the game and play "The Mercenaries". Basically the whole objective is to kill as many enemies as you can in a set time limit... It gets interesting when you try and get 5 stars on all the missions as all the characters though...but overall if ya wanna shoot **** id say its a pretty decent game for it.

Going after all the puzzles has a huge advantage to getting you more money to upgrade weaponry or buying new weaponry. Only a few are required.

RE4 is prolly the best wii game so far. yes, basically you just shoot ****. that's the fun part. there really arent any puzzles, per say, u just have to find a key every once in a while, get past a flaming statue here and there, and navigate a garden full of muderous dogs. in other words, good times. :yesnod:

Back