Resident Evil 5 for the Wiii....?

gino_76ph

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
London, England
hiya i'm planning to buy a Wii next month and i'm still very much interested in buying an RE game. RE5 has been out for the 360 & PS3 but so far none for the Wii. is there any possibility/news/chance that we might see RE5 on the Wii this year 2010?

been discussed here multiple times, each time it has been decided its imopssible without dumbing it down, and likely making it a rail shooter. so no, there is no chance of RE5 on the Wii

Just play RE4 for wii and IMAGINE its RE5, thats my best bet haha hehe

get it on PC, its almost like playing RE5 on Wii, using the keyboard and mouse that is..

Check out RE4 and the railshooters, they pass the time.

been discussed here multiple times, each time it has been decided its imopssible without dumbing it down, and likely making it a rail shooter. so no, there is no chance of RE5 on the Wii

I really don't see that. The only things that would need to be dumbed down would be the graphics and perhaps the online co-op multiplayer. Other than that there is no reason why it couldn't run on the Wii, the levels are actually smaller than RE4 and it controls the same. If RE4 was possible without being on rails then there's no reason why RE5 would have to be. The talk of the Wii not even being able to run the title screen was just them trying to hype up the HD versions and in reality it really wasn't that advanced at all.

The chances of it appearing on the Wii are very slim unless there was a huge public demand. I don't think it is a great loss though as RE4 is the better game anyway.

I really don't see that. The only things that would need to be dumbed down would be the graphics and perhaps the online co-op multiplayer. Other than that there is no reason why it couldn't run on the Wii, the levels are actually smaller than RE4 and it controls the same. If RE4 was possible without being on rails then there's no reason why RE5 would have to be. The talk of the Wii not even being able to run the title screen was just them trying to hype up the HD versions and in reality it really wasn't that advanced at all.

The chances of it appearing on the Wii are very slim unless there was a huge public demand. I don't think it is a great loss though as RE4 is the better game anyway.
1: graphics would really have to be dumbed down.
2: online would likely have to be pulled out completely, or cut down to only the co-op and no versus mode

i don't even know where you heard that title screen crap. the menus are pretty basic so they'd be fine. its the ingame graphics that would be too much for the wii as is.

1: graphics would really have to be dumbed down.
2: online would likely have to be pulled out completely, or cut down to only the co-op and no versus mode

i don't even know where you heard that title screen crap. the menus are pretty basic so they'd be fine. its the ingame graphics that would be too much for the wii as is.

The producer stated it before the game released, purely to hype it up as being something really advanced. Then the game released and it was worse than RE4.

I don't think that it is impossible to put it on the Wii with RE4 level graphics but it would be a lot of work for them as they would probably have to make all new assets, which probably wouldn't be worth the effort for the amount of sales that the game would get.

Tbh no I don't think Resi 5 will be released on Wii. Although I would like to imagine, Resi 5 wasn't all that great anyway compared to the previous games.

Id like to see a revamped RE2 with new textures and wii controls, hell id settle for the N64 VC versioN!!!

if they can make RE4 for the Wii surely they can port RE5 over too. never mind "dumbing down". no doubt clamour seems to be starting and let's give the developers/makers/producers/publishers chance to make a descent port out of it without sacrificing too much. i would rather like to see an good/descent offline RE5 than a dumbed-down RE5 with dumbed-down online play.

more support for the Wii when it comes to RE or CoD games, fighting games, more 3rd-party platform games, more adventure-fantasy games.

Back