Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles Offical Thread

Cannot wait for this game to come out though I will be waiting till next week to play it since I want to try it out with the zapper.

When i first heard about this game, which was a couple days after getting RE4 wii, i was soo pissed. after buying an awesome game brand new for $30, i was not pleased w/ the idea of paying a full 50 for an on rails shooter.

but now, after seeing a dozen gameplay videos, i cannot wait for it to come out. It looks simply amazing, despite not having a choice on where i go.
the graphics look awesome (as far as Wii goes) and it'll be sweet to have a multiplayer Res Evil game.

i only wonder if there will be merchants to upgrade/purchase weapons along the way?

there wasnt a merchant in those RE0,1,2,3 games so im guessing

no

unless you can imagine zombies selling you weapons
btw i believe you recieve points not money, so the upgrades would be inbetween chapters

Last edited:
I played the game for about an hour today so here's some initial thoughts about the game.

-It's too predictable. But then again, I'm at the beginning of the game, so this will probably change. The way the camera moves makes it obvious some enemy is about to be right in your face. Example: Walking to the end of the hall, camera looks left at the wall..., then right where the hallway continues and enemy in your face.

-They are generous with ammo, and there is no merchants here. You start with weapons and you choose what to take on the mission. Example: You initially get a machine gun with 150 bullets and a handgun with infinite ammo, after finding a shotgun you choose on subsequent missions whether to use the shotgun or machine gun.

-Herbs are automatically consumed and a first-aid spray is like a 1up. When you die, you automatically consume the first-aid spray to live again.

-I'm not using the zapper, but it seems like using a zapper with this game is not easy. To swing the knife, something done quite often with little leeches and other insect type things, you have to hold the A button. To throw a grenade you have to hold the A button.

If you guys have other questions I'll be glad to answer them when I can. From the short amount of time I played, I can't even give it a rating. These are just initial thoughts and answers to some questions you guys had.

Personally, I can't wait for it. But I'm not liking the zapper, it does look like it would complicate things. Good idea, bad execution.

Apocalypse said:
Personally, I can't wait for it. But I'm not liking the zapper, it does look like it would complicate things. Good idea, bad execution.
Yeah it sounds that way huh? Hopefully future games will be designed around it better. :aureola:

accident, please ignore.

Last edited:
TortillaChip520 said:
i only wonder if there will be merchants to upgrade/purchase weapons along the way?

Yeah you can upgrade, its got a nice little system on weapons apparently.

Then again I was half asleep when i was listening to the IGN podcast...

el-zilcho said:
i have 2 questions ,

did u enjoy it ? Will you be getting it ?

I'm not sure if I like it yet. I already have it, remember I'm playing it?

@ Mako- so, i'm guessing you can only carry one additional firearm to your handgun on a mission?

do you get to purchase new weapons with your "points"?

TortillaChip520 said:
@ Mako- so, i'm guessing you can only carry one additional firearm to your handgun on a mission?

do you get to purchase new weapons with your "points"?

Well, as far as I am, you choose one additional firearm for each mission, if you happen to pick up a firearm during the mission, then you get to switch between all 3. Switching weapons is nice and easily done with the "c" button on the nunchuck. I don't know about the second part of the question yet. I don't even know what "points" you're talking about, but as far as I know there is no purchasing anything. It's all just laying around the stages and you roll your crosshair over the items (weapons/ammo/herbs/some other stuff I'm not really paying attention to) and press A to pick it up. I'll go play some more in a few hours, when I get out of class, and give you some more details.

Back