Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (thoughts on the game and new zapper)

tecmo

WiiChat Member
Feb 26, 2007
Hey everyone:

I think the new Resident Evil looks great, but I have some reservations about it now that I have found out more information. First, I think that the game being on rails might get boring after a while, and the zapper looked cool at first but then there were a few things that got me thinking it might not be so good after all (at least for RE). When you shoot with it you use ur left hand for the trigger. Usually when most people shoot with a two handed gun they use their index finger on the right hand (bc the trigger is in the back). I thought it would have been better to shoot with the Z button on the nunchuk, and reload with the B button through the extension on the zapper. Also, with the current zapper set up when you reload you have to jerk the gun backwards instead of shooting off the screen like in regular rail games. I personally would have liked RE 5 to come out on the Wii. Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

i dont know much about the game. when i reserved RE4 from gamestop the day of release (which i didnt get till the day after thanks to UPS!), my buddy whos the manager there told me that umbrella chronicals was going to be compatable with the new wiimote gun comming out.

i asked him if RE4 was capatable with any sort of gun (since ive seen TONS of 3rd party wiiguns on www.dealextreme.com) and he said he wouldnt know but knows for sure about umbrella chronicals. he said a big difference is the fact that in RE4 you see your character. in umbrella its just the screen and you dont see your guy. i like that option much better.

all in all, id consider buying this game since i love FPS's. i am midway through RE4 and by the time umbrella comes out, ill be long since done with RE4 :)

I love rail shooters so I have no problem with Umbrella Chronicles. Hopefully they'll bring something like House of the Dead, and maybe even Time Splitters(except it would need a foot pedal).

It probably would be better with the Z button, but I think they changed it to the B button because people who don't want to spend money on the Wii Zapper can still use their Wii Remote for it.

does anyone know which one will be releasing first?
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles or Resident Evil 5?

You can shoot with either hand. Most of the videos I've seen showed people shooting with their right hand and working the nunchuck with their left hand. I think you can do it either way.

apple555 said:
does anyone know which one will be releasing first?
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles or Resident Evil 5?

Umbrella Chronicles is much further in production. Has RE5 even been anounced?
Anyway UC would be coming out first either way.

First of all i like On-Rail Shooters..I have no problem with them at all. What's awesome though is that there is co-op like in Time Crisis. Probably one of the major reasons I'm buying this game.

IcedEarth81 said:
You can shoot with either hand. Most of the videos I've seen showed people shooting with their right hand and working the nunchuck with their left hand. I think you can do it either way.

obviously you can hold it either way. the problem is that, if you've ever held a real gun, the trigger is in the back. most right handed people will want to pull the trigger with their right hand, but since the trigger is up front they will have to hold the gun like its lefty.

i don't get this design at all. all they had to do was make the trigger electronic so they could have the trigger in the traditional position while still having the wiimote up front for the sensor. i'm sure everyone would pay a couple extra bucks for a much better design.

I think it will be good, I remember playing Terminator 2 back in '91 and you always got killed and asked to add more credit! Then I played Time Crisis on the PS a few years later and was blown away, it was tough in parts but it was the first I'd seen on a console. Now it only seems natural that the Wii should get something similar! I think I may get it, mindless shooting can be quite fun!

Don't buy this game.

Instead we should be asking for RE:5. By buying UC you're telling them its okay to make substandard titles for the Wii instead of having teams create the games for the Wii from the ground up.

Thats my opinion though.

I see what you're saying, not sure it will influence the decision as to wether RE5 will be released though.

callme.nasty said:
obviously you can hold it either way. the problem is that, if you've ever held a real gun, the trigger is in the back. most right handed people will want to pull the trigger with their right hand, but since the trigger is up front they will have to hold the gun like its lefty.

i don't get this design at all. all they had to do was make the trigger electronic so they could have the trigger in the traditional position while still having the wiimote up front for the sensor. i'm sure everyone would pay a couple extra bucks for a much better design.

They might redesign it, it is still in it's testing phase. When I spoke to a Nintendo rep at E3 they said that they might change the design. Also, the design of the balance board may change too. But just for the record, the zapper isn't that bad, even when I used my right hand on the front trigger, it still felt natural.

Yeah I personally belive that Umbrella Chronicles will become repetitive and tiresome after a short period.

On rails shooters meh where is the fun in that?

Give me Resident Evil 5 god damm it :) if Nintendo doesn't end up securing Resi Evi 5 then hell I will buy a 360 solely to play this game.

And don't give me this rubbish that the Wii isn't capable of handling it surely they can spend a little time altering the code and graphics for the Wii?

Back