Resident Evil:Umbrella Chronicles?

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. A lot of people are slagging on this game because it doesn't follow the usual style of gameplay from the other Resident Evil games since it's a on-rail light gun shooter. But thats how all the light gun shooter games are : House of the Dead, Time Crisis, Ghost Squad...etc. Initially, I was a bit upset about it but now I'm looking to get this game.

These kind of games are really fun in the arcades when playing with a friend or have a bunch of people over. But I wouldn't expect it to give long lasting play times. Games like these only last a few hours at the most to complete. But then again, who knows. Perhaps it may be a long game...

i'm also looking foward to it but i will rent it first...i'm a big fan of resident evil i already own RE0,RE1,RE2,RE3,REX:CV,RE4wii so it will be a nice addition to my collection...but i'm still not sure about this on-rail thing.

will see....:scared:

i think this game will be good for a couple of reasons :
the nostalgia and the abilty to see all of the previous re games(re4???) tied together in one story that will explain a lot about the series and expand on it .
as has been said , the graphics will improve upon its predecesors which mostly were good to awsome
third person perspective(which i loved) is out the window and the new on rails system will probably add a lot of drama and be more user friendly

I aws apprehensive at first but now im really lookin forward to it , although not in my opinion does it make up for the fact that wii will not see re5

wiiturd said:
I think that galaxy will be the only must have wii game this holiday season. Sorry but I don't consider Zack and Wiki , Medal of H, or NIGHTS , Guitar H III, Manhunt2,must haves. I don't doubt they will be solid games but not must haves.

Dude, you forgot the most important one! BWii FTW!

IF RE:UC was packaged with the zapper, I'd get it. It's not though, so I won't. I'm not so much into rail shooters. Prefer to explore, sneak up on enemies and stuff. FPS with multiplayer rocks!

Marioman said:
The fact that it's a Rail-Shooter makes me mad...RE:4 was perfect so why would they change it...

they didnt change it for re5 , its just that they wanted to give as much to the game as possible which is why ps3 , xbox360b get it and wii get the on rails hybrid which is sort of fair play if u ask me , its a good reason to get a ps3 in the next couple of years anyway

I don't think UC is meant to be a substitute for RE5. It's just there's a gap in the type of games available for the Wii that could take great advantage of the controls, then add one of the most popular and loved series to that, but give it a new, fresh look to summarize this series allowing new gamers to easily play it, but also giving the experienced gamers a reason to buy it (new locations, memories, etc), throw in a co-op and the ability to play for 10 minutes without needing to play for another hour to find a save point, and you have yourself a very, very promising game in my opinion.

There's no reason why anybody should be put off by this game, unless they simply don't like shooting games, they're scared of zombies, or they've completed the previous RE games in the past 6 months (even then you'd be missing out on new things!).

I am really looking forward to this game. I just beat RE4 and loved it. The two games i am getting next are the new Resident Evil and Guitar Hero 3. I am just killing time playing Madden and replaying RE4 until these games come out.

el-zilcho said:
they didnt change it for re5 , its just that they wanted to give as much to the game as possible which is why ps3 , xbox360b get it and wii get the on rails hybrid which is sort of fair play if u ask me , its a good reason to get a ps3 in the next couple of years anyway
But I don't have an Xbox for PS3 :(

I read an article just stating that re/uc has been banned in germany and given 18 rating in Europe.

personally i think

thumbs------\down/ for this game, i was very dissapointed with what they said about the control scheme, (on rails) and in my opinion, on the rail shooters are less in depth and a hell of a lot less, fun. also have a hell of a lot LESS life span, replayability value.

but, if the game is not to exspensive, which it shouldnt be conidering , in the rail shooters, ususally very small and easy to make.

then i will get it, but if it is more than say £20 im not getting it. Unless its bundled with the zapper, i may be willing to forsk out a few extra quid,

only reason i will get this is for the story, even though iv played all the RE games this one has added info, behing the rise and fall of umbrella corp

Also in a review, (i think by IGN) they said that the on the rails in MoH;H2 worked a lot better than the RE;UC

What is wrong with rail shooters?
These kind of games brings back a lot of good memories from decades back when there was no big game industry and the only thing to do - to get the thirst for blood and shooting stimulated - was to find the rail shooting games in the ammusement halls.
What a time!
A sure buy for me!

Edit - well even though there wherent much blood in the games back then - it was sure fun and nostalgic!

Back