Resident evil Wii

Oh good, we'll get to see another RE game ripped off, just like RE1. Excellent. Why does capcom bother with nintendo when it obviously sucks?

Anyway.... I hope since it's not the direct sequel that they do make some kind of effort with the plot, because it would be quite easy just to focus on the new gameplay (being the only light-gun version)

Napalmbrain said:
I hope they put as much effort into Resi Wii as they do into Resi 5. If it's a remake or another Gun Survivor game, I'm not interested.

Couldn't agree more. I've just about had enough of resident evil 1 remakes. the GameCube game was awesome, but when it was also re-released on the DS I was a little taken aback... its cool, but couldnt they give us something a little more original? A few modifications didnt really justify buying the game, but I love resident evil so I bought it anyway. It did have some cool features like the new knife fighting system with the touch screen which was cool, but the game was still resident evil 1.

If the do want to make a remake of an old RE please dont make it 1! We all KNOW the team take will refuge in the mansion, we all KNOW Kenneth is getting munched on when we enter that room, we all KNOW Weskers going to bugger off and betray us, we all KNOW Richard will invariably die, we all KNOW Forrest will attack us after stealing his grenade launcher. GIVE US SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Hell, even a totally vamped up Resident Evil 2 or something would be kinda cool, with the puzzles/enemy locations changed n stuff... or even if they had more character interaction between players, for instance the game could record a demo file or something if you are Leon of you running around a certain area blowing away zombies, then as Claire, you might see him from afar, but that will be your actual movements being played back to you from all the way over there, for example: *SPOILER WARNING* when the player as Leon is fighting the mutated Birkin, the fight will be automatically recorded in the same way a ghost or demo is recorded, then as Claire, your path might take you through some rafters/catwalks overhead, where you look down and see your 'old' self as Leon fighting the mutating Birkin.

Maybe even include something where as Leon you're about to get your ass kicked, but then a cinematic occurs where Claire (who has somehow obtained a high-power sniper rifle) shoots away his assailant. as Leon you'd just have to hold the guy off long enough before the cinematic occurs, but as Claire you'd have to rush as fast as you could to save Leon; similar to Resident Evil 4 (primarily the PS2 one with the Separate Ways campaign) how Ada must save Leon from Krauser's assasination plot. as Leon you just have to hold off Krauser long enough until (unbeknowing) Ada comes to your rescue, but as Ada you've gotta fight your way through hordes of Ganados until you reach a vantage point to shoot away Krauser's knife just before he plunges it into Leon's heart.

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a remake of RE2, it did introduce some interesting concepts, such as certain player actions as Leon affects Claire's game - whether you took certain weapons from weapons caches, whether you unlocked certain doors or flipped certain switches. They could include those features if they did a remake and further enhance them- Include more desicion making in the game which would affect Claire's outcome/path she takes.

The concept of meeting other selfs has been done in some other games, like TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (which i am yet to play, courtesy of the lousy lack of GameCube games my local EB has) where you can apparently team up with your past and future selves as you travel through time. This appears, to a lesser extent in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, as you travel through time and across the island fortress you see your past/future selves in cinematics running around and doing stuff; Warrior Within also included some retracing, whereby you could rewind time a little bit to undo your actions, though at times it could be very glitchy and cause some problems if you made alot of rewinds consecutively. It's a cool idea though and shows that technology for creating motion traces is alive and well, and could be used very well if they were to make a Resident Evil for the Wii.

Damn after writing all this I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with Resident Evil 2. Providing it is different enough (not a shoddy port straight from the PSX original) and by different I mean so us players of the original cannot predict what will happen every turn we make. Remade graphics go without saying too (contraditcing myself by saying it... how confusing) as a Re-Rendered Raccoon City. If they could make it as nice as Resident Evil 4 visually (if not better given the Wii's advanced hardware) I'd be one happy camper :)

WELL i hope its like Resident Evil 4 but with straffing and run-gunning. I appreciated the stop and aim game mechanics, but sometimes its nice to mow down Ganados on the run. Havin to stop to change guns and stuff gets tedious. perhaps an Over the Shoulder third person shooter, with a cross hair in the middle of the screen. Maybe thats too traditional, never the less affective though?

RhythmGen said:
That is a problem with a lot of light gun games that all you have to do is shoot at the screen and your character follows pre-determined paths... so I hope they do it like a regular resident evil and have puzzle solving and free roaming, just with motion sensitive shooting (and of course, more gun action)

Yes thats a trait of arcade games, however the Wii just might change all that, how? check out its speculated light gun at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wii_zapper.jpg its a mean looking thing eh! almost looks as if its got a slot for the controller under the "barrel" so you could still "look" in an FPS by moving the thing around, while your characters movement could be achieved by using the thumbstick on the "hammer" and you could cycle your guns with the "pump" action button under the "muzzle". It looks as if its modelled off a small shotgun or something, and looks like you could hold it with one hand or two depending on what game you're playing so its gonna make for some insane gaming should it be included in the final lineup :D

whoa whoa hold on! on closer analysis of the pic it looks as if the whole "barrel" segment of the gun is indeed the wii-mote slotted in. Intriguing... Will you still be able to point it at the screen and shoot? or will your aim be relevant to the sensor bar?

it would be great if they made the game like resi evil ds because only when you enter certain rooms it would go first person and maybe on a few bosses.

lol as long as its not another dodgey PS1 port again. If they gonna remake any of them they should at least do it properly instead of ripping all the low-resolution, low-bit textures over from games 10 years old. I mean I'm all for classics, but if they're gonna be sold as classics don't market them as "new" games. Come on Capcom, don't let us down!

Ezekiel86 said:
whoa whoa hold on! on closer analysis of the pic it looks as if the whole "barrel" segment of the gun is indeed the wii-mote slotted in. Intriguing... Will you still be able to point it at the screen and shoot? or will your aim be relevant to the sensor bar?

yah you point it and everything just as if you were using the wiimote, and if yuo didnt notice theres a joystick by where your thumb will be so its nunchuk+wiimote pretty much.....
anyone else hoping for House of the Dead 5? I mean, all it needs to use is the wiimote!

Did anyone see this teaser yet?
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLtfGZWDBcI[/MEDIA]

Back