Response time with larger tvs

ryanbread

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2007
I just recently got a 60" hdtv. When playing strikers on it, I find it's very hard to block super strikes for some reason. I can block them fine on smaller tvs. It almost feels like the hands cannot move fast enough from ball to ball. Has anyone else had similar problems?

first of all, make sure to change your Wii settings to wide screen. Secondly, prepare to suck at Megastrikes. A big TV means your tiny gloves have to move a lot farther, you have to get used to it. I wondered for a long time why I sucked at blocking, until I played on my friends TV. It's just easier on a regular small set.

Croswenthy said:
first of all, make sure to change your Wii settings to wide screen. Secondly, prepare to suck at Megastrikes. A big TV means your tiny gloves have to move a lot farther, you have to get used to it. I wondered for a long time why I sucked at blocking, until I played on my friends TV. It's just easier on a regular small set.
The size isn't the problem. The Wii has no idea what size your TV is, and the sensor bar is the same, so it will only need to be moved the same distance.

It could have something to do with how far you are sitting from the sensor bar, try adjusting the sensitivity.

The sensor bar works up to 20 feet, and it's not the sensitivity since I've tried the various settings. Every one of my friends who have played on a big TV and a small one say there's a difference, but I don't have the where with all to explain myself.

I just tried a few things out. I found that standing as far as possible makes it easier to block shots. If you sit closer to the tv, you need to move your wii remote a greater distance between each ball because you're so close to the tv as opposed to sitting much further away and having to move a smaller distance between each ball.

It's still annoying though, I wish the sensitivity menu was more indepth so you could tweak it just the way you want to.

I play on two different TVs in my home, of slightly different sizes, though from two very different positions. Being further away doesn't seem to change it much for me... it's all in the wrist.

Back