Retail Stores Overcharging

ocdesi

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
I was at the mall where there's a small retail video game store called Game Quest. Decided to walk in since I'm looking for a nunchuck and sure enough they have them along with wiimotes BUT they were selling the mote for 49.99 and the nunchuck for 29.99.

Can retail stores pull this kinda thing? I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the BBB but I'm not sure if my complaint has warrant. Any one know?

e-mail nintendo and ask if that's legit. I'm pretty sure that's not cool.

its called retail for a reason, its your choice to buy something at whatever price they set it at, if you choose not to buy it fine thats your choice, they aren't forcing you to buy it and they definently are doing bait and switch, your claim with the BBB would have no warrant.

just like how car dealerships all have different prices for their cars, retail stores can sell their **** for whatever they want to.

thoes prices, 40 and 20, are suggested retail prices, their doing nothing wrong, because if you dont want to pay that price, then dont shop there, its as simple as that.

I totally agree, they can charge whatever they want. . .who knows, since they are in California maybe they cater to the movie stars; I wouldn't buy there though, thats for sure.

yes, because everyone knows that only movie stars in California shop exclusively at game stores...

If they can charge whatever they want, then why isn't it done more often? And why was Best Buy reprimanded for forcing people to buy bundles if this theory is correct. Doesn't make sense to me. But then again after seeing their website it seems they overcharge for everything... PS3 for $1,500 ebay is a bargain in comparison.

Anyway I definitely won't be shopping there.

Chain stores like EB can not do that but mom and pop stores or privatly owned places can. The difference is EB won't because they want you to come back but the mom and pop shops could give a (Fill in the blank) less.

Just go to a national chain place like Walmart, the Wiimotes are $39.99 and the Nunchuks are $19.99

they call it MSRP: Manufacturer's *Suggested* Retail Price. They don't have to sell it for that price, but if they charge more, people will know they can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Just put a little sticky note on their front door that says BOLDLY:

This store charges too much and is trying to rip everyone off.
Do yourself a favor and SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If you want things to change, sometimes you have to do it the slightly subversive underground way. Get peoples attention and help them change their minds, so we can collectively make the world a little bit better of a place to live, hm?

Transfixed said:
Just put a little sticky note on their front door that says BOLDLY:

This store charges too much and is trying to rip everyone off.
Do yourself a favor and SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If you want things to change, sometimes you have to do it the slightly subversive underground way. Get peoples attention and help them change their minds, so we can collectively make the world a little bit better of a place to live, hm?

And then upload the video of what the manager/employees do to YouTube.com

Back