Retail Stores Overcharging

A short business lesson for the uneducated.

When Demand is > Supply retailers can increase their prices

When Demand is < Supply retailers will lower their prices

Kmart:
$24.99 Nunchuck
$49.99 Wiimote
$24.99 2000 Points Card
$24.99 Classic Remote

I was wondering if it was legal to do this type of thing also.

It still would, because the people aren't stores, so they can charge whatever they want.

ocdesi said:
And why was Best Buy reprimanded for forcing people to buy bundles if this theory is correct.

Because you are forcing the customer to purchase more items then what he/she wants. There is a big difference between charging an extra $10 for a remote and charging another $150+ for a bundle of stuff you don't want.

the usual issue with the bundles was that all of the stores' ads were advertising the wii alone, but when they actually went to the store to buy it, they were shocked to find out that they needed to buy a bundle to get their wii. thats false advertising.

lol

I love it how they say your saving money by so many percent!

lol.jpg

I understand the free market model, folks. I'm just not sure how Nintendo deals with punks who resell above MSRP. If folks started doing it to my products, I'd cut them out of my supply chain pretty quick.

They are using deceptive business practices. Their listing of the retail prices are all wrong and incredible high so that they can attempt to fool people into believing they are getting a deal when in reality their sale price is higher than the actual retail price. And actually it might not be up to them to sell them for as much as they want. Nintendo has the power to control their own retail prices when dealing with stores through retail contracts. If Game Quest Direct is getting their goods directly from Nintendo then Nintendo should know about this because there is a good chance Nintendo would stop dealing with them and even force them to chance their prices. If this company is not getting their goods directly from Nintendo then there is nothing that can stop it because they aren't breaking any rules or laws except using deceptive business practices on their price listings.

When i got mine on release day i was only able to get one extra wiimote and nunchuck. but on monday i hear shopko had extra Wiimotes. i went there and they had one for 50...i bought it but i ended up taking an add for the Wiimote at 40 and took it in and they game me my 10 bucks back.

Inspire said:
I understand the free market model, folks. I'm just not sure how Nintendo deals with punks who resell above MSRP. If folks started doing it to my products, I'd cut them out of my supply chain pretty quick.

Let's break it down.
Manufacturer
SUGGESTED
Retail
Price

And pretty much what you said, they cut shipments and the business relationship goes down the drain.

Back